1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Throttling bypass...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bg4m3r, Oct 10, 2014.

1. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

So MainIdea's frantic seeking of a way to add an APN to bypass throttling (which won't work) got me thinking. On my S2 I had bypassed throttling my removing/changing various setting in the phones Data service menu (##3282#). This same menu exists on this phone as well, so I thought I would post a guide for removing the throttling stuff if anyone want to try it. I don't have my MSL, and don't use that much data so I don't really need this myself.

Of course, always backup/write down the settings before deleting anything.

http://androidforums.com/sprint/744016-guide-how-bypass-sprint-proxies.html

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

No one would be able to bypass a throttle its on the carrier side meaning that the carrier control this . nothing on our side could never be done

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I was poking through the menus...the Reverse Tunneling setting is under Data Profile. Also I was not able to enter the MMSC menu at all...the app crashes. Any ideas why?

On a funny note...there's a menu called 'ItsOn'...which is off, lol. :p

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I know for a fact that it can. I've done it. Throttling is controlled via proxy servers. Don't use those servers and you don't get throttled.

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  5. BRAINZ2013

That is correct so just say use your WiFi to avoid carrier throttling . that's what I been doing .:D:eek::eek::what:

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Well, yeah, but you can't do that if you're tethering tablets and such to your phone over WiFi and you're not at home or don't have internet otherwise.

7. BRAINZ2013

That's what I was looking for you to explain how to . this is not on the net anywhere .

8. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

How to do what? Tether? Download WiFi Tether Router

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews