1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Thumbnails in stock message app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkeysers, Mar 21, 2011.

1. jkeysers

jkeysers Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    I had a problem a few weeks back with a message that I couldnt seem to delete. I worked out how to get rid of it in the end, but one of the things I did to try and fix the glitch was go to Settings > Apps > Manage Apps > Messaging, and cleared the cache data. This didnt work for that particular problem, but it seemed to remove all the pictures/thumbnails for each contact in the messaging app (the ones it gets from Facebook). The thumbnails still exist from within the Phonebook/Contacts, but they arent coming up in Messaging. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how I can get those back?

I really liked having them there as it makes it easy to quickly identify a contacts message thread. I am trying out Handcent which does have thumbnails, but I dont like the look and feel of it as much as the stock messaging app. Plus I despise the new message "choose contact" screen. No thumbnail images, and it displays ALL my contacts, even ones that dont have phone numbers.

I really just want to go back to the stock messaging app, but miss my thumbnails. Can anyone help?

Thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. jkeysers

jkeysers Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
  3. jkeysers

jkeysers Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    One last bump before I let the thread die.
    :)