1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories thumbs down to milante case from radioshack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nemix, Sep 10, 2010.

1. nemix

nemix Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Picked up this case when I picked up my phone until I could order a seidio or other case. It blocks the led notification and more importantly it scratches the 2,q,a,w,s,z,o, and l keys from the attachment points...not sure if its just my case but I'm starting to seethe scratches quite well.

Just a heads up. Anyone else see this or kno of better cases?

Advertisement

2. adelmundo

adelmundo Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I got the same case. It hasn't scratched my keys, but it does block the LED notification light. I don't mind not seeing the notification light too much since I always look at the phone, but I got the case for free anyways since I used the $15 off $60 coupon from my Entertainment book. I couldn't use the coupon on the phone, but I could use the coupon on accessories, so I only had to pay tax on it

3. Blitzpwnage

Blitzpwnage Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    I would seriously consider returning that case if I were you. I got it the first day I got my Epic. I tried taking it off and it bent the bevel on my phone I had to snap my brand new phone bevel back in place. I then bought the Seido case, the Brush gray one. I returned that and I am now on the Official Samsung case for the Epic. By far this case is the best. :D And cheaper than the Seido and just a tad more expensive than the Milante

Seido>Official Case>Milante.

4. nemix

nemix Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Already returned it blitz

Keep us updated if anything changes for u adel. I though it may jut have been a defective unit but since it wasn't just one side of the keyboard I figured it was the case, took over a week of opening and closing the keyboard to notice the scratches starting to appear

5. Demidoug

Demidoug New Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Same thing here, I didn't really notice it till after the 30 days went by so I am kind of SOL for a return. Radio Shack recommended this case to me and they won't do anything about it.
    The product number is MIL-SNRD700-BLK.
    I just went to Sprint and bought their recommended cover and it doesn't effect the keyboard at all. My keys that are messed up are the #1 and #2 lines and the #9 and #0 lines, though the 9 and 0 lines aren't as bad. Do not buy this case.

6. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    got a link for the samsung one ???