• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thunderbolt Boot

Why do I want this on a non-Thunderbolt phone?

If you honestly don't know "why".....well, it would be....to have a different boot anime. Ooor just to try something....as most of us do...we tinker. .as in trying things here and there from cool developers nice enough to release something for us to try out/"play with".
Hope that helps clear that up for you. If you still don't understand...check out some of the other posts on here...lots of people trying out different things on there phones...mostly just for fun..and sake of trying something new. That should give u a grasp on the whole.."modifying " scene.

Upvote 0
Why do I want this on a non-Thunderbolt phone?

Its new, I dont think you can even buy a thunderbolt yet, I agree it is a little silly on an ally, much more effective on the evo, which looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt - trick your friends into thinking you have a thunderbolt, I dunno.

I saw the TB system dump, and then saw there was no flashpacks offered with any of the content, the only thing worth kanging IMO is the boot animation, as the theme on the TB is 2.2 sense

There is also a 140mb golf game I am trying to get to port

Upvote 0
Its new, I dont think you can even buy a thunderbolt yet, I agree it is a little silly on an ally, much more effective on the evo, which looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt - trick your friends into thinking you have a thunderbolt, I dunno.

I saw the TB system dump, and then saw there was no flashpacks offered with any of the content, the only thing worth kanging IMO is the boot animation, as the theme on the TB is 2.2 sense

There is also a 140mb golf game I am trying to get to port

The game is only a demo/trial. I've been reading you only get to play 2 holes then they ask you to buy the game, worthless bloatware!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones