• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thunderbolt Can't Install Apps

Ever since I unrooted my Tbolt it hasn't been able to install 2 out of 10 apps on the android market. some will install while others fail and show a message: Couldn't Install on USB mass storage or SD even though I'm sure my SD card works fine. please help me

HTC Thunderbolt - Can't Install Apps - YouTube

I had this problem as well, but it was before I was rooted. There is a solution but you have to use it every time you this problem.

1) Before you go to install the app, go to phone settings---> SD&Phone Storage--->Unmount SD Card

2) Go to market and and redownload/install app(s)

3) Remount SD card after app(s) have installed.

I hope this helps.

Edit: I recall another member mentioning a way to fix this problem by deleting some files (have to be rooted to do so for those files), but I wasn't rooted at the time so I never explored it further, so look into that for a permanent fix.

Reactions: ILoveMyDroid
Upvote 0
I had this problem as well, but it was before I was rooted. There is a solution but you have to use it every time you this problem.

1) Before you go to install the app, go to phone settings---> SD&Phone Storage--->Unmount SD Card

2) Go to market and and redownload/install app(s)

3) Remount SD card after app(s) have installed.

I hope this helps.

Edit: I recall another member mentioning a way to fix this problem by deleting some files (have to be rooted to do so for those files), but I wasn't rooted at the time so I never explored it further, so look into that for a permanent fix.

Thank you so much, I tried unmounting my SD card and it appears to have worked so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones