1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Thunderbolt cases diddy dadling with the good ones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jrife, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jrife

None

Mar 19, 2011
    Hey Look Man I'm Just A Regular Guy! LOL
    Another diminshion and in this dimension
    Anyone have the otterbox yet or kraken trident for the thunderbolt? I see both cases been released, but who in the hell actually has one? The case is a concept which we all believe. They going to really really release them or just say they did?

As of now no cases for the thunderbolt with built in screen protector. We got the goofy battery extender door and all that goofy stuff. Cases do you want em?

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Otterbox defender has a built in screen protector

3. Mallissa

Mallissa Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Female
    OH
    I won an Otterbox Defender from an Otterbox Blog contest and I LOVE it. it does add a bit of bulk, but that's what a Defender case does. And it does have a built in screen protector. I think it's great.

4. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    X3 for the Otterbox Defender. It isn't built for looks, but it'll built to keep your phone intact thought almost anything except getting driven over or getting dropped in water. And it has a great screen protector.

I've used Otterbox cases for PDAs to collect field data years out in the woods in heat, dust, rain, you name it before anyone had ever heard of an iPhone, and they still build what I consider to be the toughest case out there. They have a long track record of building great stuff and I'll swear by their cases. The only hang up I have with the is that they treat android phones like old Henry Ford did with car drivers and the Model T car - You can have any color you want as long as it's black. :D

The Kraken case works well to protect also and has a great built in screen protector also. Based on my experience, it just wasn't designed well. My wife got one for her Droid X but it it was simply too bulky for her everyday use and when I tried to use it I came to the same conclusion. It's just too dang bulky!

Don't get me wrong, it's well made (fits together well and offers great protection), has a built in screen protector, and covers up you controls and input/output jacks. It also has a belt holster that will hold the phone well, but the belt holster wouldn't rotate easily and more than once it fell off my 2" belt at work because it was too big to wear comfortably and, instead of rotating while I moved it simply snapped off. Not broke, just opened up, fell off my belt (2" wide leather mind you) and dropped the phone and holster on the ground. Also, the holster held the phone so well that it could be tricky to get it out when someone was calling you.

Maybe they've improved the Kraken in the last few years, but I'd go with the OtterBox if you want to be sure it stays protected AND isn't difficult to use.

Just my $0.50, so take it for what you will.