1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Thunderbolt dock with spare battery charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by infinite012, Jun 5, 2011.

1. infinite012

infinite012 Newbie
    None

May 27, 2011
    Seeing as how I got a spare standard battery for my Thunderbolt, I also wanted/needed a battery charging solution. I saw that the HTC Thunderbolt multimedia dock isn't on sale and there are a lot of aftermarket options being offered for the Thunderbolt.

I went ahead and ordered the cheapo Chinese Thunderbolt dock that you can find on ebay. I ordered the dock+car charger bundle for $25.99. Like those who have posted their thoughts on this dock, they are all absolutely correct.

• It's difficult to line up the phone with the USB plug
    • The phone sits at a very upright angle
    • The red/green status LED is BRIGHT! The blue one, not so much...
    • You need to use 2 power cables - the permanent one charges the phone, the detacheable one charges the battery
    • The permanent USB cable is a USB cable... You need to use a USB to wall plug adapter
    • Cheaply made, very light weight - I wish it was weighted at the bottom so it would feel more sturdy

Even with that list, though, I like the dock. It's functional and does what it's advertised to do - charging the phone and battery simultaneously. I also downloaded the free Nightclock app from the market so the phone will automatically go into landscape alarm clock mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If this thread was unnecessary, mods can close it.

Advertisement