• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt Dummy Phone

Yeah, I got to play with a dummy phone yesterday too and the phone definitely felt nice and had some weight to it. Felt very comparable to the Droid 2's weight. But... I will confirm that the kickstand did feel flimsy, making me wonder if it would even hold up. I do feel confident that like another poster said, that this was not the true build. All those videos we saw at CES showed guys talking about how nice and strong the kickstand was. Even that guy at Wirefly was bragging about it and bumping it to show how it stayed up.

Upvote 0
Where are you guys finding these dummy phones? I've been to both my local Verizon stores and Best Buy and haven't found anything. The Verizon stores are just filled with iPhone junk.

I have them because I own a Wireless Zone.

What do you mean?

That once I know with complete certainty what the pricing points of the phone is for me and customers....I want to offer a better price for new avtivations, upgrades, and retail price than the other stores.

For anyone in the DMV...they can come to my store and get the phone and accessories cheaper than anyone else!

I was under the impression that only BB and VZW corporate stores are selling the TB at least at first. Are other VZW stores selling them as well? And how are they different from BB in terms of retail exclusivity?

Wireless Zone will be an authorized dealer of the Thunderbolt as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones