• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt ICS

I'm guessing that's just perspective, because the Spec is superior to the Thunderbolt in almost all ways: Compare Phones (Phone Scoop)

Larger battery, more RAM, newer & faster processor, lighter, HD (720x1280) screen (compared to 480x800). The only place where the Spec is deficient, is it doesn't have an FM radio receiver and has less board RAM, but neither affects performance.

Upvote 0
You're not getting it, specs don't mean anything when compared to the executing of apps, bootup and being able to use your phone right after bootup.

Lol wut? What do you think determines those actions? The hardware, which, as I said, is superior in the Spec. Don't get me wrong, the thunderbolt is a great phone and I considered getting one before I got the spec, but it's not superior to the spectrum. I'm glad to hear you have a positive experience with it, though.

When the spec gets ics, you'll find it performs as well... It's has better app execution and caching than gb, which could explain your perceived performance improvements.

Reactions: ghavas09
Upvote 0
I agree with the OP that a 5" screen would be nice but this is mainly because of how I use my phone for work. For the average user a 5" screen would be annoying. My better half hates larger screens and when she has used my phone complains "it's like holding a VCR to your face".

Like MrB said, the Nexus 7 is a great option if you're looking for a nice tablet with a decent sized screen. I recently purchased one and I am sure I will be rooting and mucking with it quite soon. Further, you can get wifi tether for root users or FoxFi and there you go, you now have data connectivity to your tablet.

Upvote 0
I met a guy with a hacked nook and he raved about it. Cm9 looked slick on there too.

I'm not big on flashing nightly's every day, i'm about a week behind in the updates. I use it for business so i'm sketchy on updates lol. I've got to reboot it more often, it locks up a bit more, things don't load as fast, but i'm also using the opengl version because i don't know the differences between them.

Upvote 0
I use my rooted nook tablet 16gb for pretty much everything I've cut 60% or more of the apps off my phone to use on the NT instead. I want a galaxy note 2, but it may never come to big red.

I've also considered swapping my NT out for a kindle fire hd once they get rooted. I may not flash a Rom on it, but I would want it rooted.

I like being able to drop my NT in a cargo short pocket, but miss my old 10" Adam tablet screen size. My vision has been getting worse and the larger size helps a bunch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones