1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thunderbolt or Droid Charge?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AnotherHiggins, Sep 13, 2011.

1. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Android Enthusiast

I've had the HTC Incredible since a couple of days after launch (May 2010) and have really loved it.... Until a few weeks ago when my phone started rebooting once every few days.

Luckily I had the extended warranty so Verizon sent me a refurb. It rebooted several times each day. I played the refurb roulette for a while and finally they've offered to let me try a different model in their "Certified Pre-Owned" selection.

So now I'm trying to decide between the HTC Thunderbolt and the Samsung Droid Charge.

I'll want to root whatever I get so Sense vs Samsung's TouchWiz isn't much of a factor.

What do you think?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Axe_1

Axe_1 Member

If your happy with HTC, stay with them. Prior to my TB, I also had the Inc. Both are great phones. I like the bigger screen a lot.

3. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast

I prefer the Thunderbolt over the Charge because I like the capacitive buttons on the Thunderbolt better than the hardware buttons on the Charge.

4. dguy

dguy Android Expert

It's largely a mash up as both devices have a similar number of pros and cons. Sense 2.0/2.1 on the TB is nicer to me than TouchWiz 3.0 on the Charge. The Thunderbolt also has 768MB of RAM while the Charge has 512MB. The Charge has a better screen and better battery life however. I prefer the Tbolt

5. WhenForever

WhenForever Newbie

I tried the Charge out when I was frustrated with my TB, made me appreciate is SO much! The Charge was slow, lagged a lot, didn't like the hardware buttons at all...kinda felt like I was using a cheap feature phone. I wasn't even to impressed with the screen, but maybe that had a lot to do with the cartoony look of touchwiz

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Best advice, play with them both prior to deciding.

I personally prefer the Charge (heck, I bought two of them) but the TB is also a great phone.

7. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Android Enthusiast

Just following up....

When I called back I was told that I must have misunderstood - they were offering me an option to BUY a Certified Pre-Owned phone. Dammit.

My 5th replacement Incredible is here. I haven't powered it up yet. Fingers crossed.

8. mh68

mh68 Member

I hope it works for you and you don't have to go thru the certified pre-owned nightmare I went thru with my incredible. I went thru 10 of them in 8 months, bought it on release day. They kept rebooting. Finally on the 10th one, VZW did me a "favor" and gave me an early upgrade and "let" me buy the tbolt. So when the tbolt started doing it, I about had a fit, because I wasn't going to go thru the refurb crap again. But luckily, the last update fixed that.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews