• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt owner Roll call

Leaving right now to go get mine at a VZ Experience Store. Will update post when I have it! Have fun everyone!!

Got it! My experience with the VZ Experience Store was AWESOME. They were open about 10 minutes before all the other stores in the mall. One guy walked in right before me so I was second getting a TB from them.

Told the rep I wasn't eligible for upgrade. He talked to his manager and....GAVE ME UPGRADE PRICING. Freakin' SWEET. I was expecting to walk out of there out $700 (w/ accessories) but only paid $308. :D

Couldn't be happier.

Upvote 0
I ordered last night on Amazon Wireless for $180 but I think its backordered cuz estimated delivery date was Mar 30th.
Anyway, on the verizon website this morning I saw prices of $199 for 2 year contract and $229 for 1 year. Ordered immediately 229 - 1 year.
I hope it arrives soon! and they don't charge remaining amount later.

Upvote 0
Had a bit of a minor annoyance with mine, but I think I got lucky.

My two year contract ends in November and the website told me i was elegiable for an early upgrade in July, however, it was letting me do the upgrade now. So about two weeks ago, I ordered a Droid X at the discounted price. I got buyers remorse and returned it so I could hold out for the Thunderbolt.

Yesterday I checked my upgrade eligibility and it said I wasn't due until July. No chance to upgrade now, but I could order a phone at full price. I called VZW Customer service and she informed me that the system wasn't going to let me get an upgrade, but she went ahead and did it for me anyway.

Soooo. New phone is here tomorrow! There's no more early upgrades, so I won't be eligible for 20 months. Heh

Upvote 0
Time Bought: 6:45pm Eastern 3/16/11
Line: No...lol
Contract: 2 Year, Unlimited Data/Voice
Accessories: 2 Year Black Tie ADH
Supply Level: 19 for Preorders, 26 for Walk-Ins
Price Out the Door: Noneyo Business

#1 South Jersey Best Buy purchase
Time Bought: 10:01am EST 3/17/11
Line: Newp, first one in the door.
Contract: 2 year unlim.
Accessories: 2 Year Black Tie / Car Dock (Turned down the trade in. Screw it.)
Supply Level: I only saw two preorders in the cabinet but they had 40 sim cards.
Price out the door: $249.99 - $50 giftcard - $25 giftcard from my CC = $194.99 after tax + $32.64 for the car-dock (Which I honestly think should come with a car charger >_<)

Also, strage glitch. Took about 15 minutes for the phone to finally activate. Couldnt call 228, any other calls but 611 attempted to place collect calls. Very odd. Finally came up tho. I have to head into philly this weekend to test out the 4g.

Upvote 0
Hey all....

The eagle has landed - just snagged my t-bolt!! Was at my local verizon store at opening - which was converted to a virtual t-bolt carnival...staff with t-bolt tee shirts, posters all around, t-bolt ID card necklaces worn by everyone...wow. In the hour I was there getting this all done, they sold 10 of them! Also got a good deal on a trio of accessories...case, car charger, and car dock all for $60. Very happy with my experience there - big red may have just redeemed themselves! :) And one word on using the device so far....sweeeeeeet!!!!

One warning worth repeating: do not activate this phone with *228!!! This will throw your sim card into 1x speed mode (vs. 3G or 4G) and so far no one is clear about how to undo this. So, install your sim card and let it auto-activate.

More to come I'm sure from all users...the wait is over, so see you for all the reviews! :D

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Got one for myself and one for my wife at 9am EST. There was no line but there were 3 others there getting the TB. The salespeople in the store all had TB shirts on. There were some slight issues activating but I was the guinea pig. The sales guy removed the battery and rebooted then it activated fine. I've been setting (playing) it up ever since.

Upvote 0
I called to return my iPhone I purchased online, for some reason after the rep pushed the order through my Thunderbolt was only $187!!!! :) :) :) I questioned this so that my order wouldn't be delayed or cancelled when the error was found.

The rep confirmed that the 2 year price was $250 but my order was processed successfully and it is only $187. YAY!!!!!

Upvote 0
Hey all....

The eagle has landed - just snagged my t-bolt!! Was at my local verizon store at opening - which was converted to a virtual t-bolt carnival...staff with t-bolt tee shirts, posters all around, t-bolt ID card necklaces worn by everyone...wow. In the hour I was there getting this all done, they sold 10 of them! Also got a good deal on a trio of accessories...case, car charger, and car dock all for $60. Very happy with my experience there - big red may have just redeemed themselves! :) And one word on using the device so far....sweeeeeeet!!!!

aww. I want a t-bolt t-shirt ;_;

Upvote 0
Woohoo, finally got mine! I hate the opening screen, need to find out if there's a way to shut off the crackling thunder. Has anyone fully charged their battery? I haven't turned mine on yet, except once on accident. I'm charging it completely before I turn it on. Still hasn't even been activated. Also, my screen protector that came pre-installed, it looks like someone has already lifted it and replaced it. Is this because of the software update or did your screen protector look good?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones