• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt owner Roll call

Got one for my wife and I each. Asked her if she wanted:
-a screen protector = No
-accidental dmg insurance = No
-A case = No

Walked outside and she turned around real quick, the phone slipped out of her hands with the back and battery flying off on impact and it skidded a few feet across the parking lot.... uggg, I didn't even want to look at it.

Now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do me a favor and if the store does not allow you to exchange the item do not get upset with whomever you speak with. Ultimately it's your wife's fault and I'm sure she feels terrible about it, but some people try to displace their anger at someone that's trying to help them.

I had a lady call me once because she had just bought her 10 year old son an iPhone 3GS for his birthday, and she said that her son just dropped the phone and shattered the screen. Now it was well within my right to swap out a phone for her (as an Apple 2nd level agent I had the authority to swap out anyone's phone if I felt it would enhance apple's image) but I could not justify swapping out a phone for some spoiled little brat of a child who didn't need a $600+ phone at the age of 10. The woman started fake crying in hopes that I'd issue her a replacement, but when she realized that I wasn't going to give this kid another brand new phone for him to break, her fake crying stopped and she was a little pissed that I didn't cave to her little tantrum.

I chalk these little moments up as life lessons. As a matter of fact, just the other day I was moving some coat hangers around and dragged one stray hanger across the cover of my 6 month old $1700 laptop. I swear I felt that scratch down to the bone. I can empathize with your wife.

Upvote 0
No waiting in line, first in the store, three others came in shortly after.

Activation process took 2 HOURS!!! Purchased at a Verizon store, employees were really nice and I was so excited about the phone, I didn't really mind the wait.

Purchased the car dock...

2 year contract, I returned another phone which I had purchased on a 2 year, so I had to stay with that.

After all was said and done, I spent almost $200.

Upvote 0
Now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do me a favor and if the store does not allow you to exchange the item do not get upset with whomever you speak with. Ultimately it's your wife's fault and I'm sure she feels terrible about it, but some people try to displace their anger at someone that's trying to help them.

lol no. We'd never complain to VZ or try to get an exchange for a dropped phone ;) You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many iPhones I had to buy her that ended up in the toilet, shower, or just dropped so many times they stopped working lol.

Upvote 0
I just got mine at 6 PM today at the VZW store for $199/2 yr! No wait, took about 20 minutes total to get it done (except they had trouble transferring my contacts from my old phone, so I just left). The guy behind me was also getting one. The salesman said they had a bunch more in stock but would probably run out by the weekend. I didn't get any phone/screen protectors or anything, but I might get a silicone cover on Amazon. Anyone know which ones are the thinnest? I don't want to add any more bulk to this behemoth.

It's fantastic, and quite an upgrade from my original Samsung Omnia. I have off tomorrow (NCAA FRIDAY!) so I have all day to play with it and learn about all things Android. :)

(Read the "drop" story up there, and I feel for you. I was so afraid I was going to drop it, I put it into my pocket and didn't take it out until I got into the car.)

EDIT: Meant to mention, he was going to charge me $249 until I mentioned that the website said $199, because of the company discount. He said, "Oh yeah, I forgot they were doing that, you're correct!" If I didn't say anything he probably would have charged me $50 more.

Reactions: jhsu123
Upvote 0
I got there at 9am sharp and I was the second one in. I worked with one of the representatives the day before and she stuck her head outside before they opened and told me to have my ATT account number handy. So when they opened I was able to go straight to her register.

Took about thirty-five minutes. Though I believe ten of that was probably waiting on the number porting from ATT.

I went with the 1yr for $319. With the roadmap of products slated to come out within the next year, I'm sure I'd be dying if I had to wait 20mos to upgrade. Yep, already looking forward to the next big thing...:eek:

Upvote 0
The woman started fake crying in hopes that I'd issue her a replacement, but when she realized that I wasn't going to give this kid another brand new phone for him to break, her fake crying stopped and she was a little pissed that I didn't cave to her little tantrum.

Well done, sir. We need more men like you who don't give in to these stupid tantrums that some women throw. They'd stop doing it if it stopped working. Seriously, a grown woman crying over a friggin' cell phone. Seriously.

Upvote 0
I was posting quickly before, so here's my TB story. :D

I got to the store at 10:00 on the dot when they opened. I got to play with the TB while I waited...nervously because everyone was there for the TB. I even *gasp* played with the iPhone. It was pretty fast, I'll admit, but it is WAY to cluttered for my taste. Add in the proprietary BS....well, you know.

Anyhow, my turn comes up and I'm all ready to check out except....my stupid PayPal card won't run through! I had way over the amount needed to purchase my T-Bolts. I called and was on hold forever, and ended up having to leave because my boys were with a sitter. :(

Anyhoo, I ended up getting a hold of PayPal, and apparently, their fraud team had tried to get a hold of me because I had been using my card more than normal, and they called me ONE DAY before I changed my phone number with them. :rolleyes: So they took it upon themselves to lock my card.

But all's well that ends well. I rushed back to the store with one kid in tow to get my T-Bolts. Activation was a biotch. It took over an hour for mine and two for my husband's. I had to end up leaving the store with his unactivated, and it finally kicked in after a phone call and a reboot.

T-Bolt, FTW!:D

Upvote 0
Time Bought: 10:18 a.m. PST
Line: #2 out of 12 got in line at 9:25
Contract: 2 Year, Unlimited Data/Voice (been with them nearly 10, not going anywhere)
Accessories: Silicone cover, screen protectors and 2750 mAh battery (not as bulky as I expected)
Supply Level: 85 when doors opened at 10 a.m.
Price Out the Door: $272.21 (why is everyone so ashamed of the price? lol)

I am loving it so far!

Damn! I didnt see any extended batteries when I was there ;_; I'll have to stop back in and check. Might I ask you a quick favor? If you have your standard battery inserted with the extended back on, will the battery come free and shut the phone down if the phone gets knocked around?

That was my one gripe with my incredible. I had to carry my standard battery and back as a backup along with my extended battery/back because if I tried to put the standard in with the extended back it would easily pop out and shut the phone down. (I work in a place with really bad signal in some sections that would quickly eat the battery)

Upvote 0
I drove to like 2 stores verizon's website showed me.. I was under the impression they were corporate stores...But, it doesn't seem so. They wanted 349 with no rebate.

So I just went over to best buy and paid 216. could've saved 50 bucks getting on the site, but..i'm impatient.

But if you have a NE2 ready, the site is the best deal. 150 + tax/fees. Free overnight if you order before 4:30.

Upvote 0
lol no. We'd never complain to VZ or try to get an exchange for a dropped phone ;) You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many iPhones I had to buy her that ended up in the toilet, shower, or just dropped so many times they stopped working lol.

Wow,you have more patience than me. I think I would have her walk around with a broken phone for a few months to teach her how to take care of her stuff. Granted I would probably start feeling a little guilty but if she's constantly breaking stuff, I'd have to let her eventually let her suffer for the whole 2 year contract.

I was posting quickly before, so here's my TB story. :D

I got to the store at 10:00 on the dot when they opened. I got to play with the TB while I waited...nervously because everyone was there for the TB. I even *gasp* played with the iPhone. It was pretty fast, I'll admit, but it is WAY to cluttered for my taste. Add in the proprietary BS....well, you know.

Anyhow, my turn comes up and I'm all ready to check out except....my stupid PayPal card won't run through! I had way over the amount needed to purchase my T-Bolts. I called and was on hold forever, and ended up having to leave because my boys were with a sitter. :(

Anyhoo, I ended up getting a hold of PayPal, and apparently, their fraud team had tried to get a hold of me because I had been using my card more than normal, and they called me ONE DAY before I changed my phone number with them. :rolleyes: So they took it upon themselves to lock my card.

But all's well that ends well. I rushed back to the store with one kid in tow to get my T-Bolts. Activation was a biotch. It took over an hour for mine and two for my husband's. I had to end up leaving the store with his unactivated, and it finally kicked in after a phone call and a reboot.

T-Bolt, FTW!:D

This reminds me of a joke. Two men were having drinks together when one said to the other, "a few days ago someone stole my wallet and the'be been using my credit cards all week." His friend asked, "Why haven't you reported them stolen?" "Because", the man replied, "the thief spends less money than my wife."

wifi trick :thinking:

Turning WiFi hotspot on in your programs list I'm guessing. It's not actually a trick.

Upvote 0
I got mine late last nite my sister n law that works for BB grabbed it for me
progressive-girl.jpg
OMG DISCOUNT!!
bought it straight out no upgrade, but had to wait for her to get home till i could play with it...4g is amazing and it was well worth the wait for this phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones