1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

thunderbolt random reboot fix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jrife, May 17, 2011.

1. Jrife

CALLED Verizon and told them about my random reboot with update. Was told to master reset phone and don't download all apps from market all at once download them one by one and pin point which app is causing this problem. The update isn't working well with certain apps. I only downloaded the t9 keyboard so far no reboots. Astro file works ok with new update.

Please share which apps have caused you problems with this update on thunderbolt. Thanks gang

Thunderbolt D likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. raisingmonkey

raisingmonkey Lurker

I only downloaded the skype mobile with video and it's constantly rebooting.

3. mattdeasay

mattdeasay Newbie

Sounds like that Verizon rep took the easy way out. Blaming the random reboots on other applications and not the update itself.

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Yeah your fix don't work as I did the factory reset and my old phone rebooted constantly and that was after the factory reset.

5. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert

You, sir, have been spoonfed some Grade A BS.

6. Jrife

Well if so I'll call em back.

7. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast

Verizon reps will never take the blame for anything. Its always something else's fault.

8. Jrife

Believe me I know Verizon love to spoon feed the bull. I haven't any reboots today however. Once I get all happy then it will reboot, hottie it works. Maybe doing a couple reboots does the trick.

9. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

I think now that you did the master reset you will be fine, go ahead load on your apps. I think some phones just didn't configure properly after the OTA.

10. Jrife

My phone just reboot lol. So what are we suppose to do about this?

11. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

But you said you fixed it:rolleyes:.

all you can do is wait for a fix from big red. Or you can call verizon again and get another helping of BS. :p

12. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert

I don't want to say I told you so...but I did. :p

13. mattdeasay

mattdeasay Newbie

Did you try a battery pull? Some have had success. I've been hearing it is region specific. I've only had 1 reboot from what I can tell.

14. WildH

WildH Android Enthusiast

I had a few yesterday. Did a batt pull and haven't any since.

15. BAMARTIN03

BAMARTIN03 Member

I was starting to be ok with the random reboot because it did it once a day at 1:45 in the morning, but today it did it when I was waiting for my pictures to load. I believe its a bloatware issue honestly mainly backup assistant.

16. Jrife

Bloatware yummy. The apps that make our phones from being as good as they could be are now causing us rebooting issues. That's swell.

17. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Umm the bloat was on the phone before the update. So you cant say the bloat caused the reboots.

THats like saying a VZW Tech support said to factory reset your phone. Oh wait you did :rolleyes:

18. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Same with mine. I had two random reboots two (or was it three...) days ago. Pulled battery, nothing since. Glad to be one of the lucky ones :)

19. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I just did the battery pull. I got my fingers crossed.

20. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Android Enthusiast

I don't know, I could see 2 apps that could potentially be causing issues after the OTA update.

1. Back Up Assistant - they did something to it so that it shows in the App drawer. Maybe something behind the scenes is causing an issue?

2. CityID - most of us opened the app and then uninstalled it (but not really) when we first got the phone. I have no idea - but maybe the OTA did something to it, and now the system thinks it's "installed" and when you get a call the phone tries to get to CityID and goes into a memory loop and eventually runs out of memory... which eventually causes the reboot?

Squash these if they're completely wrong

21. rabernet

rabernet Android Enthusiast

Has anyone done any demographics on folks having re-boots and those not? IE - could it possibly be geographically isolated?

For example - I'm in metro Atlanta, and (knock wood) I've not had random re-boots before or after the OTA. What about other folks in metro Atlanta? Experiencing random re-boots or not?

Probably far fetched, but I haven't seen if anyone has kept track of demographics or not.

22. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

Wait is this an android forum or a blackberry one? :eek:

23. mattdeasay

mattdeasay Newbie

I came from a BB and wondered the same. I've seen it recommended on Xda. I'm just sharing what has worked for others.

24. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

I am rooted and have DAS BAMF 1.6.2 ROM on my phone. Doubt I'll even GET the OTA. I haven't had one since I rooted my phone. Never got one on my Incredible either. My phone rebooted a few times since I have had it on it's own. Very rare occurrence. My Incredible bot random reboots several times a day and it was rooted as well. Never DID get the random reboots fixed on the Incredible. Seems that it only happened when I was using the google Navigation and talking on bluetooth headset simultaneously. Anyway, moved on the the TBolt and left the random reboots behind.

25. Raeli

Raeli Newbie

From an earlier post, someone suggested removing Skype with video. I did that two days ago and have had only one reboot each day.

I was having 4-5 a day before.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews