1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thunderbolt random shutdown then freezes when trying to restart

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mjkozub, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Mjkozub

Mjkozub Lurker

Requesting some help / advice with the following issue:
    • Have a rooted htc thunderbolt running gingerbread on vzn
    • phone randomly shuts down and when trying to reboot it freezes on a screen that has image of droid robot looking at a ! inside a triangle. No words or explaination. Seems to only happen in middle of night.
    • Only way to get phone going again is via "factory reset" on revolutionary's boot loader.
    • Thinking it might have to do with a recent update Verizon pushed to thunderbolts?
    I would appreciate any guidance forum members may have. having to start from scratch ea day just ain't working.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

if you are rooted.. never take any updates from carrier. these will mess you up.

did you loose ROOT?
    if not.. then:

you should reflash your ROM. or a new ROM.

3. Mjkozub

Mjkozub Lurker

Thanks very much Dan. I am rooted. Can u send links so I can properly follow your advise? Thanks!

4. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Look in the all things root sticky at the top of this section.

dan330 likes this.
  5. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

first.. you need to search for a custom ROM you like... in that post.. there should be instructions to Flash that ROM. you should also ask in that thread, for more help if you are confused about any of the steps

since you are new.. choice the ones that have the most post.. and are not betas or nightlys

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews