• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt Reboot Issues

Have had that happen to me twice today. Also lost my first call on a reboot this afternoon. When the phone came back up, the call came back in with a weird ringtone that I've never used or set.

Same here. Ring tone changed after reboot. I have rebooted at least a dozen times. Mostly when disconnecting the charger. I did not have any problems until the update. Also reboots after I send an email. Gmail crash.

Upvote 0
My phone had only 1 reboot that I noticed since launch day, got the OTA and had ZERO reboots that I was aware of, then came yesterday.. At least 12 that I noticed. I have noticed that Sat. the 14th seemed to be a big issue for a lot of people, Sunday I noticed at least 2 reboots and once the phone shut itself down and didnt boot back up. My phone was near flawless before this update, I will try the battery pull and see if this helps, if not a trip to my local verizon store will be in order..

Upvote 0
After update, my phone has rebooted itself over 2 dozen times in a few days. I tried pulling the battery and pulling sim card out, but i still have the same reboot issue. It happened while I was in gallery, surfing web, talking on the phone...I want my thunderbolt before update as the phone with gps and sms bugs was much more serviceable!!!

Upvote 0
After update, my phone has rebooted itself over 2 dozen times in a few days. I tried pulling the battery and pulling sim card out, but i still have the same reboot issue. It happened while I was in gallery, surfing web, talking on the phone...I want my thunderbolt before update as the phone with gps and sms bugs was much more serviceable!!!

Call and get a replacement...

Upvote 0
Do you need to have insurance on the phone to get it replaced for the random reboots?

No, you don't. You might not necessarily get a brand new phone, as it is possible you may receive one that's refurbished. Though, the phone is still pretty new in terms of marketing that you might actually receive a new one. The reason why you won't need the insurance is because of the one year manufacturer's warranty provided by HTC. Please keep in mind this would be for just the reboot only.

I'm just putting this out there, but has anyone else noticed the times that the phone reboots?

I have had three reboots in the past 24 hours, yesterday at 5 p.m. est, today at 1 p.m., and then again at 7 p.m. I can't say for sure that they're exactly on the hour, but it's really close. Really close.

Also, the last time someone tried to call me, the phone didn't sound. The volume was all the way up for the ringer and I know the ringtone chosen works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones