• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thunderbolt Requires Restart Once a Day To Fix Notification and Gtalk Errors

shlox

Lurker
May 31, 2011
If I do not restart my phone at least once a day, notifications will stop working. I'll stop getting Gmail notifications, GroupMe notifications, Facebook notifications, WhatsApp notifications and more. Also, if I try to start Gtalk, it will briefly open and then immediately close and return me to my home screen. I had this issue with the first phone I got and they sent me a new one and now I'm having the same issue again.
Has anyone had the same issue or does anyone know how to fix this?

I have a similar problem with this too. I use this IM app caleld liveprofile and sometimes when I lose service for a split second (tbolt is known for this I think) and reconnect to 4g. When this does happen , I lose all updates from liveprofile and usually I have to either turn airplane mode on and off or restart the phone to get it working again. For other updates, it's usually been fine for me. Really annoying nonetheless

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones