1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thunderbolt Root/Unroot Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scotty85, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Danielv561

Danielv561 Newbie

im 100% sure i had sprint for 5yrs nowand phone says sprint on it,
    Model# PC36100, Android Ver: 2.3.5, Baseband Ver: 2.15.00.01.15, Kernel Ver: 2.6.35.10-g8b16b68 htc-kernel@and18-2#1, Build Num: 5.07.651.6 710RD, Browswer Ver: webkit/533.1, PRI Ver: 2.33_003

Like 2 know if all Sprint Carrier roms are located on forum so i dont have trouble using cell also what is the BEST STABLE root setup with wifi tether enabled?
    I seen alot of differnet ways to root but would like to know the right way to root my lil girl, i dont wana brick it jus wana have full access... Thank You

Also i have sprint samsung galaxy 3 7inch can i do anything to hook her up aswell???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

Ahhh... You have an EVO 4g,not a thunderbolt :)

Danielv561 and Unforgiven like this.
  3. Danielv561

Danielv561 Newbie

DAM IT SCOTTY Im a doctor not an engineer lol :) As i said in introduction thread im a newbie, sorry my mistake now I no half the battle, will post on correct thread this time finally :)

4. Danielv561

Danielv561 Newbie

Helped guide me 2 the right info

5. Kyledawg

Kyledawg Lurker

Hey I have a htc thunder bolt and want root. It's 4.0.4 software 7.02.605.10 CL567366. Is there anyway to root this.

6. scotty85

currently,revolutiuonary is not working. not sure if someone will host the tool on a different server,or modify it to be just a downloadable tool. at any rate,withou it youre left with htcdev. you can unlock the bootloader and install recovery and root using this guide: http://androidforums.com/threads/how-to-unlock-install-recovery-and-root-with-htcdev.689137/

if revolutionaty starts working again,you can use this guide to downgrade to revolutionary-able firmware.

last and not least,you can find someone with an xtc clip,wich can turn of the secure flag and give you an actual, permanent s off. if youre near dayton ohio,i could do it for you. otherwise check for local shops that offer an unlock service,alot of them will have a clip.

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. Kyledawg

Kyledawg Lurker

Thank you I will try that. I'm in Oklahoma

8. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

RISE FROM THE DEAD THREAD!!! lol. Hi guys!

scotty85 likes this.
  9. scotty85

Hi!

10. Minker17

Minker17 Lurker

OK guys, need some help. Bought a used TB to test an app on. It's on 2.2.1 and I need to get it to ICS (4.0.4) I can't get the OTA unless I have an activated SIM, which I don't. I'm fine to go the old HTCDev route and do it the hard way. It will be fun remembering everything from the G1 days. But I need help figuring out how to get to ICS from there. Any help would be appreciated.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews