1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root ###ThunderProp### Build.prop for market access! Updated 2/5/2012

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JollyRoger87, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az
    After a couple hours of trial and error, bootloops and force closes, I managed to trick the android market into seeing the triumph as an HTC Thunderbolt. I chose this phone as it has much more support than that of the triumph but also has very similar specs including the exact same chipset so most of anything you do decide to download in the market is likely to run just fine.

I started this project because I wanted to play gamelofts Order and Chaos Online. I downloaded a cracked version to see if the phone had the balls for such a game and to my surprise it ran perfectly. I myself am not one for piracy but I see no harm in a good experiment, So I emailed gameloft about adding support for our phones back in early August and never heard back. After playing with the Andro-Id rom I realized I had access to purchase the game and decided I'd come back to the stock rom and see if I could open up market access.

Flash this at your own risk and don't blame me if you screw something up.

For the stock ROM and it's variants
    View attachment Vanilla_2.2_Thunderprop.zip

For Cyanogenmod 7 users
    View attachment CM7_vB.08_Thunderprop.zip

For MIUI users
    View attachment MIUI_1.11.25_Thunderprop.zip

For Ice Cream Sandwich users
    View attachment CM9_0.5.1_Thunderprop.zip

Install Instructions
    Step 1 Reboot into recovery and install your necessary version via clockwork recovery and reboot your phone

Step 2 Go to Manage Applications, click on market and make sure to force stop first and then clear data

Step 3 Enjoy

If you have any issues send me a pm with your issues, ROM you are using, version you installed (i know pretty self explanatory but things happen) and steps you took to install. I'll address your issues in the order in which they are received and do my best to fix it in a timely manner.

This has been tested with the purchase of Order and Chaos Online, Modern Comabt 2 and 3, GTA 3, N.O.V.A 2, ShadowGun, etc.

HULU plus can be downloaded however there seems to be a device check built into the App itself which denies us any playback - I'm currently looking into it

P.S. The EvDo mod that had previously been in the stock versions has been removed

Stock build.prop for the stock ROM and variants
    View attachment Vanilla_2.2_Stock-Prop.zip

Stock Cyanogenmond 7 build.prop
    View attachment CM7_vB.08_Stock-Prop.zip

Stock MIUI build.prop
    View attachment MIUI_1.11.25_Stock-Prop.zip

Stock CM9 build.prop
    View attachment CM9_0.5.1_Stock-Prop.zip

For those having issues with the android market recognizing their phones correctly or anyone wanting optimal compatibility with the gameloft games use this View attachment Gameloft_HD_Games_HTC_Thunderbolt_4G_android.apk with your stock browser to purchase gamelofts games made specifically for the Thunderbolt

Please note however, The Settlers HD has issues and is unplayable. Chainfire 3d "may" solve this but is untested

Advertisement

2. BlackGravity

BlackGravity Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    nice... im sure a lot of people will appreciate this.. thanks for your hard work.:D

3. xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx Member
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    what does it do exactly? does it just let you see content that the triumph wouldn't be allowed to see or download?
    yes I'm a noob

4. JollyRoger87

None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az
    That's exactly it! Anything a user with a thunderbolt could find and download we too can now find and download as this mimics a Thunderbolt with gingerbread.

For example Most of gamelofts games will now show in the market for you to purchase if you so please. I have not had the chance to test any market versions of any gameloft games however with specs so close to that of the thunderbolt you shouldn't run into many issues if any at all.

xxjahasotoxx likes this.
  5. AtticTRON

AtticTRON Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Would you mind also uploading the stock build.prop in a zip?

6. JollyRoger87

None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az
    No problem!

7. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands
    Could I add SOME of this to my ROM? Do the EVDO mod change your 3G icon to EV?

8. JollyRoger87

None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az
    No it's just a line added to help the phone with signal a bit, some say it works other say it doesn't but it sure doesn't hurt anything so its in here... Helped my phone.

and yes you can use whatever you want from this for your ROM that's not a problem at all. Hell you can use the entire thing if you feel so inclined.

9. AtticTRON

None

Aug 16, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just installed it. I don't really see any difference from the stock file. I was hoping this would allow me to get qik from the market but it still wont show up.

10. JollyRoger87

None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az
    Well thats because qik is a fairly specific app. Your phone is being viewed as a thunderbolt. And qik isn't made for that... At least not yet

And trust me there's plenty of differences, I had to hijack half the build prop from the htc for this work... Okay not quite that much but much more than I'd anticipated

11. AtticTRON

None

Aug 16, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Could you give me a few examples of apps that show up with this and not the stock?

12. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! There are hidden apps on market, the heck, I thought they would just tell us we cant download it or we are not supported. No wonder they wont let you download apps on market from computer.

13. JollyRoger87

None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az
    Crackle, Order and Chaos, Modern combat 2, NOVA 2, Backstab etc. Basically it will show everything a thunderbolt can see. I used that phone as my basis because it is similar to ours yet it has more support in the market for apps such as the ones gameloft offers.

Also qik is a free app why not just download it and install it via easy installer... I made this build.prop for people who want to purchase things they other wise couldn't like the gameloft games.

With this build.prop you should still see everything you've seen before just now you'll see even more

hangdogdaddy and rvarn1 like this.
  14. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    Beautiful:eek:

15. axse

axse Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Roger, what do I need do to make this work? I replaced the build.prop file and rebooted the phone. To test whether this worked as intended, I searched for Order and Chaos Online and wasn't given an option to purchase.

16. easy_e

easy_e Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Code (Text):
    2. ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.3/GRI40/102588:user/release-keys

The build prop has the ro.product.rat mod., however I don't want the ro.product.rat mod in my build.prop, because it made my speeds worse for me.

Code (Text):
    2. ro.product.rat= EvDo only
    If you don't want to any of your setting changed then I believe you should just open your build prop and change the line for "ro.build.fingerprint=" to the code at the top.

This should do the trick.

Regards,

17. axse

axse Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Somehow, after I booted twice, the fix worked.

Now, I am trying easy_e's approach. Maybe I need 2 reboots as well? Not working at this moment :(

18. axse

axse Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    easy_e, can you confirm the method you suggested works on your device?

19. xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx Member
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    well thanks for taking the time to do this

20. JollyRoger87

None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az

The fingerprint isn't enough trust me I tried, I actually added numerous lines one by one till it finally worked without problems and that took forever! I could have tried to move that line but decided against it, as I had already been working at this for a while and borked my system numerous times as it was.

Also I had instant differences when I flashed either build.prop however for some of you that aren't seeing the changes after flashing via CWM You may want to try going to the app manager and clearing the markets data and then rebooting

21. axse

axse Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    JollyRoger87, thanks a lot for the trick. I noticed that the fix works in 2 stages:

1. locally on the phone. I can purchase more apps than previously
    2. When changes (ADR6400L/HTC instead of MOTWX435KT/Motorola) are reflected on "My Market Account", I can then purchase Order & Chaos Online.

I assume after the changes are reflected on My Market Account (I still haven't figured out how I can trigger it manually), I assume I am accessing even MORE apps.

Great work. But I wonder if all the changes are necessary? Have you tried to remove changes one line at a time?

22. JollyRoger87

None

Jul 27, 2011
    UPS
    Phoenix, Az
    No i was adding them one at a time and then testing... Once I finally got it I just stuck with it

23. StaticMaal

StaticMaal Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 21, 2010
    Hacking Android Phone
    Raleigh,NC
    Can we install HTC apps on our phones now since its reading like its the thunderbolt?

24. mcvanta

mcvanta Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Can we revert back to stock prop after we install the game that we want or we need to stay on custom prop to be able to use whatever we download? Can we download the apps not compatible from pc to phone once thunderbold prop is installed?

Edit: I tried going to market from my pc and it does recognize it as htc and some of the games not compatible before is now available for download :). I downloaded GT free hd.

25. idbl_fanatic

idbl_fanatic Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011

Yes, I did this.