• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tidying up contacts...

Moogle

Jun 22, 2010
Hey, yes, it's me again. *waves*

Fed up with my confused contacts, I've converted everything to google contacts, and am going to edit them online.

What's the best way of making sure they resync tidyly - should I delete all contacts from my phone and then somehow get it to regrab them from google? My online ones wouldn't do anything stupid and sync with the deletions and delete as well, would they?

Hey, yes, it's me again. *waves*

Fed up with my confused contacts, I've converted everything to google contacts, and am going to edit them online.

What's the best way of making sure they resync tidyly - should I delete all contacts from my phone and then somehow get it to regrab them from google? My online ones wouldn't do anything stupid and sync with the deletions and delete as well, would they?

I did mine after a reset as when I first did it I ended up with a right mess. Facebook ones were showing as google, I had about 6 of each and some of the pics had gone funny. I started fresh, updated them all on google, making sure that there was just one of each and then sync'd. Worked perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones