• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TiKL - Touch To Talk (PTT): Not perfect, but you must have!

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
Used on Nexus One with Froyo

I must say very rarely does an app impress me the way this app did. For it being still in beta it is extremely polished with zero force closures. If you have ever had a nextel or boost phone you may sometimes miss the walkie talkie feature and the fact that it used no minutes. Guess what same applies here! No minutes are used and the clarity is great! You and the recipient or receipients (yes you can conference!!) must have android devices with the app installed. (Hopefully it will make its way over to other app stores). There are some issues as the app is still in beta. Look below for my pros and cons for this app.

Pros
1. Free
2. Use NO minutes (uses data connection)
3. pull right from contact list
4. conference cal with up to 25 people (must all have android with app installed)
5. uses your number no need to create an account
6. turn vibrate on or off

Cons (Remember still in beta)
1. Have had a few connection issues.. VERY FEW
2. No way to accept or deny chirp (my biggest gripe)
3. No way to erase a favorite once saved
4. stays open so may consume some battery, although i have experienced very minimal effects
5. has ads, doesnt bother much. But they are there. Im sure aplha version will bring a paid version
6. No way to tell if recipient is available or on a call.

I give this app a 3.5 out of 5, only because it is in beta and lacks some features. But I know they will correct the issues and get this app to a 5 in no time. Follow them here http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TiKL-Touch-To-Talk/114154981955785?ref=ts and comment to help make this app better. The devs are very active in responding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ddyednwF-M

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones