• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tikl Touch to Talk (walkie talkie app)

It keeps coming up with error connecting to network.

I think it's something to do with my sim card having no telephone number attached to it (like it says on the start screen go to settings -> about phone -> status and you will see my phone number).

I think this is a problem with Vodafone as it shows perfectly on Orange network. I have spoken to customer services who said there is nothing they can do about it. Am i the only one with this issue?

Upvote 0
There is an setting called "Use Cellular Network" if you turn it off Tikl will use Wifi instead. But it appears that it wont work until I kill the app and restart. Is that the only way to make wifi work...seems to be the same with other programs as well. If wifi is turned on once an app is launched you have to kill it and restart it for wifi to work. Is this correct?

Upvote 0
Does this work on the incredible? I tried their instructions and don't get anything to work.

Yes, it works on the Incredible.

This is a great app if you're communicating with someone who doesn't have service. For example, my GF lives in a dead zone, so she doesn't carry a signal. However, with Tikl we're able to chirp one another (as long as WiFi is enabled). Very handy.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded and this is an awesome app. My plans were to have my parents use this to communicate when they go to Europe. Works amazing on first tries in airplane mode with only wifi. So I restarted phone to see if you needed app open to contact someone or if it opened itself or what.

Here's the problem. I have the samsung moment and in the phone settings - about phone - phone number, it shows "unavailable" until the phone reaches the cell network. So even though this will work in another country in airplane mode on only wifi. It will fail to work because the phone doesn't store the phone number in the phone all the time, and the app needs access to that number to work correctly.

I posted my question on the facebook page, but I'm coming here because there's a lot of smart people as well. I don't know if other phones store the number in a similar way, but if they do this would be a huge upside to the app that doesn't quite work.

Upvote 0
Yeah... that seemed to be my last option which leaves me to just leave the contact in my favorite list. I thought it was me and might of been missing something. thanks

kind of strange not to have a deleted option though
no problem, dont be afraid to hit the thanks button for me then! :D

OH and I tried this and found it worked only fifty percent of the time. Uninstalled, not worth it for us. :(
i had issues at first, emailed the dev and he was having problems. It's worked fine whenever i've used it the last few months now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones