1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Tilting the screen - slow sometimes?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phlojo, Sep 14, 2010.

1. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    IT
    Romania
    I've noticed that sometimes it's horizontal (on my desk) and as I pick it up it to write a message, it's tilted (the screen appears horizontal). I usually tilt it a bit and then it comes back to vertical. (Maybe it's just slow and I am impatient) Has anyone else experienced this?

Even when I type sometimes if I tilt it, it takes a second or two for the screen to "catch up" to my motion. Is this common? I know it's not a big deal but it's kind of annoying. Thoughts?

Advertisement

2. MrQuietguy

MrQuietguy Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Retired computer programmer
    Mills River, NC
    I find the same. Of course when the phone is in a flat horizontal position, it doesn't know whether to show portrait or landscape. That's understandable. However, even when tilted to a sufficient angle, it is still very slow to follow a change in position.

3. this is why i used the widget that stops the screen from switching unless i activate it , it by curve

4. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I keep mine locked in portrait mode. Since I use Swype, I rarely ever need to go landscape.

5. MrQuietguy

MrQuietguy Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Mills River, NC
    I like and want my phone to switch between portrait and landscape when I rotate it. I would just prefer that it be faster.

6. i do to, thats why i just activate it when i want to. the phone tends to switch even at the slightest tilt.. that annoys me

7. MrQuietguy

MrQuietguy Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Mills River, NC
    Can you be more specific about the name of the widget? I'd like to find it in market and try it.

8. curvefish.. auto rotate

9. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Take a look at Extended Controls from the Market. It's like the Eclair built-in Power Controls widget, but more flexible and more options.

Tags: