1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Time Display

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mphillip6, May 27, 2011.

1. mphillip6

mphillip6 Guest
    None
    Hey guys. At around 9pm tonight I noticed that my phone's time was running 10 minutes ahead. I have my phone set on automatic in the date and time settings, so I don't see how it could have set itself ahead. I restarted my phone and it fixed the problem.

However, 4 hours later, I noticed that it did it again. This time I went into settings and unchecked automatic and then rechecked it, and it fixed the problem. Both times the clock ran 10 minutes ahead.

Does anyone know why this would happen, and if there is any way to keep it from happening again?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. MBM7881

MBM7881 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    Stay at Home Mom (for now :) )
    Fort Hood, TX

it seemed that a lot of people were having that problem...see here...there also was no fix. the only thing i can i think of was an issue with sprint servers

Time not showing correctly! - Android Forums

mphillip6 likes this.
  3. mphillip6

mphillip6 Guest
    None
    Thanks so much!

4. jbryant789

jbryant789 Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Same thing happening to me. Noticed it while texting. The persons response I would receive was always sent several minutes before I asked the question! Rebooted and it fixed itself, but then bounced back up a few minutes (11 minutes at this moment) when i wasn't looking.

Very odd. And even more odd that sprint doesn't know anything about the issue.

5. jbryant789

jbryant789 Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    On that link provided earlier, someone said it was also happening to their Verizon phone, so nevermind about my "sprint not knowing" comment.

Tags: