• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

time for a new phone

bigdawgcb

Lurker
Mar 27, 2012
I am planning on getting a new phone soon. I have a droid X right now. I am leaning towards getting a droid razr maxx, any opinions. Just wondering if there is anything new coming out that I should wait for or is there a better choice. I'm with verizon if that makes a difference.

Well, the best phone (IMO of course) out right now is the Galaxy Nexus. Are you more of a hardware or software person? If software, the GNex is perfect, and it has pretty good hardware. If you're more of a hardware person, well...Verizon hasn't had a major release in a while, so you'd be better off waiting for the S3 or a Razr HD (with a hopefully updated processor) if you absolutely have to have the best hardware.

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat as you my friend. I have a DX. There are ALOT of big phones coming this year if you can hold out. I am having a hard time myself. Samsung Galaxy S3, Droid Fighter/RAZR HD are the big ones currently. The S3 has at least been announced just don't know when/if it is coming to Verizon. Sources seem to think so. I really, really like the MAXX but $299 is just to much IMO for that phone right now. Hold out if you can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones