1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

time for a new phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by bigdawgcb, May 11, 2012.

1. bigdawgcb

bigdawgcb Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2012
    I am planning on getting a new phone soon. I have a droid X right now. I am leaning towards getting a droid razr maxx, any opinions. Just wondering if there is anything new coming out that I should wait for or is there a better choice. I'm with verizon if that makes a difference.

Advertisement

2. caterham09

caterham09 Newbie
    None

Feb 6, 2012
    Autobody detailer
    I Havent seen any leaks from verizon yet. They will be getting the incredible hd but it is more of a mid-range phone. They also will proably get the galaxy s3 but with the snapdragon s4 processor. So I would personally wait seeing that your current phone isnt that bad for the galaxy s3

3. BSP

BSP Member
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Well, the best phone (IMO of course) out right now is the Galaxy Nexus. Are you more of a hardware or software person? If software, the GNex is perfect, and it has pretty good hardware. If you're more of a hardware person, well...Verizon hasn't had a major release in a while, so you'd be better off waiting for the S3 or a Razr HD (with a hopefully updated processor) if you absolutely have to have the best hardware.

4. android.convert

android.convert Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    I am in the same boat as you my friend. I have a DX. There are ALOT of big phones coming this year if you can hold out. I am having a hard time myself. Samsung Galaxy S3, Droid Fighter/RAZR HD are the big ones currently. The S3 has at least been announced just don't know when/if it is coming to Verizon. Sources seem to think so. I really, really like the MAXX but $299 is just to much IMO for that phone right now. Hold out if you can.

5. bigdawgcb

bigdawgcb Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2012
    Well I am looking at getting the galaxy s3. i was looking on amazon and they have the international version or the US version which is better and will both work for verizon? It looked like different processors, but I'm not sure. What is my best choice between the two.