• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time for some games. Any ideas?

jaybo1973

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Hi

Been playing with the handset for a few days now. Playing for the sake of playing. Its time to play on something I think. Can anyone recommend any decent games? Ones that use the potential of the desire, free ones to start with. Maybe something that uses motion, like some of the iphone games I have seen. Some are basic but really addictive such as getting a ball to drop down platforms before it gets crushed at the top of the screen (not sure what its called)

Also a decent brain training DS type game?

Other recommendations welcome :)

Thanks

These are the games I have on my phone. All are free on the Market:

- Angry Birds Lite Beta - similar to crazy penguin - slinghot birds to knock down structures
- Phit Reload - re-assemble tetris-like shapes to become a rectangle
- WordUp! - like boggle
- Laser Reflections - use mirrors to redirect laser beams to light up a bulb
- Shoot U! (LITE) - similar to angry birds but you shoot a ragdoll out of a cannon to complete different physics actions
- Labyrinth Lite - marble maze although I prefer Teeter
- 1980s Music Trivia - don't judge me! lol
- Shot 3 (aka Fling) - knock out marbles one by one until there is only one left
- Blocked Stone - slide tiles out of the way to get a specific tile out
- Open WordSearch - self explanatory
- OpenSudoku - self explanatory
- Blow Up (LITE) - place bombs on a wooden structure in the right places to demolish it below a certain height
- Cat go Free - trap a cat by blocking off circles; after each move, the cat also makes a move to get free
- Papa Stacker Lite - stack up geometric shapes so that they balance for 10 seconds

Reactions: jaybo1973
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones