• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time for some games. Any ideas?

I'm enjoying;
Unblock Me, Alchemy, aTilt 3D Labyrinth, Abduction!, Replica Island and Pocket Empires.
All free but none really use the potential of the Desire as such. Sometimes simple is best though.
Although aTilt 3D Labyrinth is good I think Teeter (the built in version) is more challenging.

Just installed Sweep and yeah..clever little puzzle game, immediately turned the sounds off though!

If anyone knows of a free Carrom app it'd be much appreciated. I can only find a pay version or it's trail version that lasts 15 days. great game and really well suited to a touch screen phone, I'm very surprised there is only one app out there.

Upvote 0
C
Although aTilt 3D Labyrinth is good I think Teeter (the built in version) is more challenging.

Just installed Sweep and yeah..clever little puzzle game, immediately turned the sounds off though!

If anyone knows of a free Carrom app it'd be much appreciated. I can only find a pay version or it's trail version that lasts 15 days. great game and really well suited to a touch screen phone, I'm very surprised there is only one app out there.

Nice one. Didn't realise teeter was a game. Thought it was something to do with Twitter so I didn't bother with it. Pretty cool. Somehow, seems more professional? Like a game for DS or something? I don't know

Upvote 0
OK.... You lot are missing all the good ones!
Sure, If you like crappy little games like Teeter and Doodle jump, fine, but if you want some really cool games that show off the power of the phone definitely check these out......

NFS Shift..... Free-ish ..... Just Google "NFS Shift snapdragon"
Welcome to hell
All the Android Game-Loft game are awesome.... But you must go to the Games-Loft website to get them... Demos also available there...
Iron Sight
Rageing Thunder 2
Speed Forge 3D
ToonWarz

I think that list gets slowly worse... :D#
FUN FUN FUN!

Upvote 0
I've jsut been onto the Gameloft site too and it's pretty neat. As far as I can see you have to access it from your phone's browser rather than from your PC (well, if you're on Orange you do, anyway), and you should probably be wifi'd up, but other than that, rock on!

I had some top gameloft games on my LG viewty. Thought you could only use stuff from the android market though?

Upvote 0
Nope, you can download directly, it just takes a few more "ok" clicks. I did it through DolphinHD and a wifi connection and I had Hawx in minutes. As far as I can see, you download the demo, and then if you like what you see you can upgrade to the full monty as an option from within the game.

I am tempted by them, they rdont recommend getting stuff from outside the marketplace though?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones