1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Time stamp on texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smulx, May 27, 2011.

1. smulx

smulx Newbie
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    I've been having an issue with this, as well as the delete by selection problem which is driving me totally insane, but I see thats a very common fault.

Texting my girlfriend at the moment and the texts are all mixed up because the time of hers is two mins slower than mine. So the texts are ordering themselves by this time and not the order in which they were actually sent/received. So I text her and she replies, my text is showing as the newest one at the bottom. Just now though, the time difference changed to 10 mins for some reason. So there's a list of about 5 messages from me right at the bottom, and all hers are grouped together above.

At first I thought it was caused by the time on her phone, but I know she hasn't just changed it, so I don't know what this is being caused by. Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. smulx

smulx Newbie
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    To make it even worse, I just sent a text at 8:35am, but the time stamp for that message is 8:45am :/ The ones I sent after show the correct time, but now this 8:45 will remain at the bottom as the newest one until that time passes. It doesn't sound like much, but its really annoying

3. ben_pyett

ben_pyett Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
    I too have experienced this, throws the conversation thread completely when it mis-orders occasional messages, it's obviously a bug in the standard sense messaging application, you could try switching to another messaging application.

Tags: