1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Time stamps wrong on texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by babybcp, Nov 5, 2014.

1. babybcp

babybcp Newbie

I just recently moved from central time zone to mountain time. All of my texts from my friends in CT are stamped 2 hours earlier than they are actually sent. Such as, a friend just texted me and it was 4:24 in her time zone, 3:24 in my time zone, but it showed up on my phone that she had sent it at 2:24. But, all the texts I send have the correct stamp, so they all show at the bottom of the screen, while all new received texts show at the top of the screen as if they had been sent first. Confused? lol Anyhow, to make it even weirder, my husband's texts to me also appear as if they were sent 2 hours earlier than they actually were... and we are in the SAME time zone (same house even!), and are both on the Boost network, and are both using HTC phones (but his is HTC One and he is not having any problems receiving texts in the correct order). Also, if someone sends a picture, it has the correct time stamp and shows correctly. I called boost and they said they reset my network connection, and had me update my profile and PRL, but the problem persists... anyone have a solution? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Try SMS Time Fix app.

This is a recurring issue on the EVO

3. babybcp

babybcp Newbie

So, there is no fix? Also, I double checked with my hub - he IS having the same problem with his phone, an HTC One...

4. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

It's a recurring issue on many phones. If you google the issue, it is a common issue on the EVO. Also, do the people texting you with wrong timestamps have an Android phone or an iPhone?

Sorry, I don't know what the "fix" is, if there is one.

Don't know if you roam alot but this happens frequently when roaming

5. babybcp

babybcp Newbie

I missed that line about the sms time stamp app, I'll try that.

I'm not roaming, I have full coverage throughout my areas. The messed up texts come from people with iphones and androids (including texts from my hub that is also using an HTC, on the same network, and in the same time zone...).

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

curious to know if that worked for you.......the tie stamp app......inquiring minds would like to know:D

7. highlandpark

highlandpark Lurker

I just had this problem and fixed it this morning. My texts were getting jumbled because time stamps were wrong. My problem was that my phone had jumped to not using automatic time. I went to Settings and simply changed my setting to automatic date and time.

Fixed.

tube517 likes this.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

When it's not that, it's because the carriers screw up one of the two time stamps in the message.

Time stamp fix works but not for the newest phones running later versions of Android.

In that case, use Textra.

tube517 and marctronixx like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews