• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time to Bid Adieu

D

dksnet

Well I want to say it's been fun and apologize to those I've offended or pissed off. I moved on to another phone with GB and loving it.:D
I hope you all get the update soon.
Goodluck and hope to see you around the forums...

Danny :cool:

good for you. which phone was it that enticed you enough to switch? i really do like the SGSII variant and would love a dual-core phone, but my epic is still doing fine. i've been using the keyboard more now, so if a dual-core comes with a keyboard i would definitely jump right away. for now, i'm okay with the epic.

Upvote 0
Sprints eventual solution to my 5 phone exchange issues was that they would give me a swap out for a Nexus S or HTC Evo 4g. If that's what I wanted I would have bought either of those in the first place. I picked the Epic because of the specs. Sprint's answer to all the issues, each phone having their own set of problems with one thing in common. The SD Card not always seeing the files on it even though any file manager would show them without a problem which meant, no show on App2SD app, no show on phone screen.

I finally did my own research in places like here since I'm new to Android and Smartphone's. Following the footsteps of other members gave me at 60-70% of a normal working phone. I would have preferred they offer me the Epic 4g Touch and I'd pay a difference. Although I would really miss the physical keyboard, speed, screen real estate and more internal memory could persuade me to make the leap.

For now, since Sprint doesn't care much about customer support anymore I'm doing what I have to in order to at least be half way enthusiastic about the Epic. I'm seriously hoping they upgrade us to Gingerbread soon since I think it will fix some issues. I don't think I want to get into rooting my phone since they tend to raise their own special unique problems. Nothings perfect, you just have to choose which issues you're willing to deal with I guess.

If the rumor's end up being a reality and Sprint ends up getting their version of the iPhone, I'll definitely be switching over since I'm all Mac and do have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen which hasn't had any issues in the couple years I've had it. Just my opinion.

Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones