1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Time to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by springhill, Oct 7, 2017.

1. springhill

springhill Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2012
    I've had my Nexus 5 for almost 3 years. Battery life is starting to be problematic, which is when u usually start thinking about a new phone.
    Is it worth springing for the Pixel 2 or save some money and buy the Pixel (1)?

Advertisement

2. LV426

LV426 I say we take off and nuke this place from orbit

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    South West of England
    Question is, are you still happy with your N5? I replaced my battery, it's quite easy to do.
    But if you fancy a change, and you have the cash, then hang on for the Pixel 2.

springhill likes this.
  3. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    I have the Pixel XL. Had the Nexus 6 before that and the Nexus 5 before that. I have loved them all. The Pixel has been my favorite so far. I'm debating on upgrading to the pixel 2 but I'll probably just stick with my Pixel. It's really nice and I don't really need an upgrade.

I like some things about the Pixel 2 but I'm not sure how I feel about the lack of a headphone jack. That's something I use quite frequently. Just make sure you consider the details before making a decision.

For example, the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are not the same phone in a different size. Pixel 2 is made by HTC and Pixel 2 XL is made by LG. In my opinion the XL seems a better choice. Better design. Better display. Dual front facing speakers. Smaller bezels... Just to name a few.

If you're considering the Pixel 2, just wanted you to be aware that size isn't the only difference between the two phones.

LV426 and springhill like this.
  4. joe71

joe71 Android Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2011
    Male
    las vegas nevada
    No headphone jack, some stupid squeeze feature, $945? Screw that crap. The only couple of things Google did right was the six inch screen and bringing back the dual front facing speakers. If only they had left the headphone jack I think Google could have dominated the market. So close.

LV426 and springhill like this.