• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time to upgrade

My contract is about up. I love the Ally, thanks to the Velocity team. I want my next phone to be able to rock a rom that can hold a candle to the amazingness of Velocity. I dont have to have the newest or fastest phone out there. So those of you that use or have used other phones, what do suggest phone wise and rom wise? Would really love feedback from as many communtiy members as possible here. Thanks all

My contract is about up. I love the Ally, thanks to the Velocity team. I want my next phone to be able to rock a rom that can hold a candle to the amazingness of Velocity. I dont have to have the newest or fastest phone out there. So those of you that use or have used other phones, what do suggest phone wise and rom wise? Would really love feedback from as many communtiy members as possible here. Thanks all
Well my original guess was the Thunder Bolt. Reason.... Thats what Trident has.

However I have not seen him buzzing around the TB section. And right now all the new big phones seem pretty limited due to no developing.

All of them have been rooted. But thats it Root with Clockwork for a backup system.

I have seen nothing with the quality of Frunisher or Velocity. I guess these new phones are well ...... too New. The Devs just need more time to play with them.

I am still leaning toward the Bolt my self. It wont be time for me to upgrade till March of 2012 though.

So by that time I am betting all of those New phones are going to be pretty trick.

The one thing about the Bolt I dont like is there is No HDMI out port.

Now dont get me wrong I am not even sure what all you can use that for yet.

I however would think that Tv or monitor display would be possible.
How cool would that be? :D

Reactions: lostlaker24
Upvote 0
Actually, Trident is a part of Team BAMF, which is making a TBolt ROM right now. I don't know much about it, but it's there.
Thanks man
I appreciate that.
Well That pretty much confirms it then. If Trident is working for T-Bolt.....
Here I come. LOL ........ In march of 2012. LOL

Is Getitnowmarketing a part of BAMF?

That would be AWESOME!!!!

Upvote 0
My Ally is upgrade-able too, but my family is leaving Verizon for Sprint. I've been looking at the phone they have and I think I'm going to get the HTC EVO Shift 4G. It's just like the EVO 4G, but it has a physical keyboard like the Ally. And it apparently runs faster than those 1GHz Snapdragon phones with its 800MHz Second Gen Snapdragon.

Upvote 0
The thunderbolt would be nice, however I can't justify dropping that sorta cash on phone. I have been scoping the rebuild deals on verison's site. I will most likley end up with a rebuilt droid 2 or something along those lines. Was wondering what phones besides the new beasts some of our respected members would recommend?

Upvote 0
If youre looking for a used/discounted phone and dont have a new or renewal discount for verizon, i would go with the original incredible you can get a great deal on it and it has enough power and memory to last you a good while. But im bias against moto becuase i intend on rooting my phones.

I would get the evo 3d over the shift, if you get a contract discount you may as well go big (says the guy with an ally)

By the time my contract is up for renewal ICE CREAM SANDWICH!

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, Verzion is gonna offer a pretty good discount and the new phones are calling my name. I just have yet to see one that has everything I want. The Ally was my first smartphone and I intend to root my next one as well so I am reading reviews froums and what ever I can find. I have to stay with Big Red to have service in the sticks where I live.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones