• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time-traveller caught on film using a cell phone in the '20s?

I am always a skeptic so I dont believe this is a time traveler at all. Its either a hearing aid being held by a person that talks to herself or a crazy lady who didnt want to be on camera and was shielding her face while complaining about it.

I mean really if theres a time traveler who has the technology to time travel and to talk on a cell phone without cell towers don't you think they would also have a blue tooth or something better?

Upvote 0
The device she was using could well have been one of these. Siemens Hearing Instruments - Our History 'Siemens patent for a compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments.' ...patented in 1924.
1924-pic01.jpg
...looks familiar.

As for who she was talking to. I would say either the guy walking in front of her or the zebra with the saddle.

If it was a time travelled mobile phone, she would definitely be talking to herself, there been no mobile networks in 1928.

Upvote 0
The device she was using could well have been one of these. Siemens Hearing Instruments - Our History 'Siemens patent for a compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments.' ...patented in 1924.
1924-pic01.jpg
...looks familiar.

As for who she was talking to. I would say either the guy walking in front of her or the zebra with the saddle.
That's the most sensible explanation so far.

Upvote 0
I am always a skeptic so I dont believe this is a time traveler at all. Its either a hearing aid being held by a person that talks to herself or a crazy lady who didnt want to be on camera and was shielding her face while complaining about it.

I mean really if theres a time traveler who has the technology to time travel and to talk on a cell phone without cell towers don't you think they would also have a blue tooth or something better?

i am not saying that I believe it is a time traveler..

but if it was.. and she had a device that could transport her to the past...
you guys dont think they could have a device that could communicate with others.. without a cell tower? Could be talking to her partner.. that is on the other side of they city.. like a really strong walkie talkie? or a cell that can reach back to her headquarters, where there is a device that can send info back to her own time?
it could also be a recording device, that she is using to make logs of what she observed.

as for bluetooth device...yeah.. in 1928 would you be walking around in public with that in your ear??? people look funny now.. walking and talk in bluetooth; or with just the device hanging there doing nothing.

it does look interesting... my best guess.. is she is talking to herself.. and holding something up to her face (for what ever reason)

Upvote 0
BEEP-BEEP - where you at?

"I'M STUCK IN MUTHA******* 1928 MUTHA*******. ZIGGY SAID I WOULD JUMP IF I LAID THE FOUNDATIONS TO MAKE THE MARKET CRASH!!!!

AL, WHY HAVEN'T I JUMPED?

Dood. Scott Bakula is WAY hotter than that.......chick?

Edit: Wait a sec, Samuel Beckett could only leap to points WITHIN his own lifetime. Unless he found the key to eternal youth, he wasn't alive in 1928 so it couldn't have been him :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones