1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Time Zone changes

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Dan Davies, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Dan Davies

Dan Davies Member

I travel across country and my phone automatically changes its system time, according to the zone. However, when I return home, the time shown in the status bar at the top continues to show the previous time zone. Everything else is fine - calendar, time stamps on text and email, etc.

How can I correct this problem?

Dan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I had a problem in Mar 011 where the time zone goofed with my AZ time. I found an app called (I think) Time Zone Changer, and it worked. But I can’t find any trace of the app now, not even in my history. Apparently it was just a Google problem which they’ve since fixed.

But search the market and there’ll be something for you...

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Do you have GPS on? I noticed that when this is disabled, a lot of features and apps don't work properly.

Also, you might wanna find out if other users of this device ever had this problem.

4. Dan Davies

Dan Davies Member

Thanks for the suggestion on GPS, however, I tried activating it and setting a destination. The Navigation app recognised the correct time, but made no difference to the system time.

Regarding, resetting the time zone does not seem right, as it reset itself fine, just did not update the time displayed in the status bar.

Dan

5. talikarni

talikarni Newbie

Most androids I have used have the option of setting the time manually, or using network based time. It may be that some locked cell phones dont have that capability since it is supposed to set based on nearest cell tower.

6. Dan Davies

Dan Davies Member

Shutting down & restarting fixed it, but it seems like a funny way to fix such a problem!