• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time Zone changes

Dan Davies

Dec 27, 2011
I travel across country and my phone automatically changes its system time, according to the zone. However, when I return home, the time shown in the status bar at the top continues to show the previous time zone. Everything else is fine - calendar, time stamps on text and email, etc.

How can I correct this problem?

Dan

I had a problem in Mar 011 where the time zone goofed with my AZ time. I found an app called (I think) Time Zone Changer, and it worked. But I can’t find any trace of the app now, not even in my history. Apparently it was just a Google problem which they’ve since fixed.

But search the market and there’ll be something for you...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion on GPS, however, I tried activating it and setting a destination. The Navigation app recognised the correct time, but made no difference to the system time.

Regarding, resetting the time zone does not seem right, as it reset itself fine, just did not update the time displayed in the status bar.

Dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones