• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tinkering and screwing things up

Scoobydumb

May 13, 2010
So I am new to android, but have been around technology for a long time so I'm a rookie with lots of other experience. I have rooted my milestone and had it for about a week, seems like once i get used to it it will be great. But im sure as I learn i will make mistakes back in windows I could reformat and try again, same with my iPhone, so is reformatting and reinstalling 2.1 the same thing, because the boot loader is locked down is that the worst thing i would have to do?.
Seems like a noob question but this just seems like a whole new world and want to make sure i know my way back just in Case.
Rooting and android just seems like a match made in heaven, I loved my iPhone but it never felt like mine. Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones