1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support tiny flashlight 4.0 update works unstable though

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theramsey3, Jan 10, 2012.

1. theramsey3

theramsey3 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    I decided to move this to it's own thread because I spoke too soon. here is all the original content and the first edit most recent closest to the top. I hope maybe someone can help to make this app stable to use. Now I know why the devs were amazed it was
    working on a warp. I have no clue why this particular combination is working the way it does.

I will leave this here but retract the statement about it working. It does but is unstable. If I restart my phone I have to uninstall and reinstall it to get it to work again and you have to have rootdim installed with root permissions allowed at the time you install it. I have emailed the developer with my new findings and am eagerly awaiting a response because I love this application versus rootdim.

Hello everyone. This is my first post, I just registered finally, previously there was no need for me to, all the questions or problems I've had have been answered. I finally have something useful to add, as far as flashlight applications go yesterday morning around 5am I got a message telling me tiny flashlight was outdated (I had forgotten it was installed after many nonsuccessful attempts to get a decent flashlight dedicated app) So for the heck of it I allowed it to update and what do you know it works on my phone. I emailed the dev to thank them and ask a few questions they were amazed that it was working on a warp. They claimed they were unable to get the app to work. It is now version 4.0 and I like it way more than rootdim. If I have posted this in the wrong area I sincerely apologize I just thought other warp users would like to know.

Advertisement

prmax and garrydog68 like this.
  2. ronk734

ronk734 Member
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks for the update

3. theramsey3

theramsey3 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    OK so I got an email back from the developer this morning. See below. Hopefully we will get a stable version soon. until then I will keep tricking my phone into making it work.

4. theramsey3

theramsey3 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    OK just a quick update, I got home and played around a little more today, I discovered that after the phone restarts as long as I open rootdim and turn the flashlight on before trying tiny flashlight it works fine but if I open tiny flashlight first it has to be force closed and then open rootdim and it works until restarted again. This seems a little odd to me that these two apps would behave this way. Anybody got any ideas?

5. theramsey3

theramsey3 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012