1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

tiny problem with the OTA, besides the reboots

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roth140, May 17, 2011.

1. roth140

roth140 Newbie

I asked best butt to swap my TB today because it was rebooting... so the new phone today is doing the same thing, no surprise there. What's new is that I am still being prompted to install an update every 15 minutes.

If I run the update again, it just loops later. I am stuck in a ground hog day of trying to update.

So now what?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Don't drive angry?

I have no advice whatsoever, I just wanted to use the line. best of luck!

3. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

I have not had my phone reboot once since the OTA. Im wondering if its not a tower/carrier issue in some areas.

4. IRuninCircles

IRuninCircles Member

Mine rebooted once since the update, my husband was complaining about his rebooting several times a day the other night. I just restarted the phone and he said it hasn't rebooted since then. Know he's just lucky cause I'm sure everyone has already tried that....

5. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast

I have 4 batteries for the TB so I shut down every morning to swap batteries instead of charging. I installed the update a few days ago without issue. No reboots. No freezing. Not a problem.

I may just be one of the many not having problems but I feel restarting your phone daily is a good thing.

6. roth140

roth140 Newbie

I just want to know why the update won't stick. What is the phone doing when it reboots and installs, but then doesn't actually update.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews