1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

tinyCam Monitor - Router Help!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mrfrustrated, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mrfrustrated

mrfrustrated Newbie
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    I need help configuring my router and tinyCam Monitor app. Here is my setup, Asus RT-N13U rev. B router, Tablet running Android 2.3, and 2 IP Foscams.

My goal: To run the IP Cameras that are directly plugged into the router, wirelessly access the cameras through my tablet using tinyCam Monitor (which it does work), then utilize the recording function with tinyCam Monitor and record the cameras saving the files wirelessly to the a hard drive connected to my router. :eek:

Here is where I need some help. I have an external hard drive connected to my router via the USB port, works fine, I can transfer back and forth. I have the IP cameras plugged into the router and I am using the tinyCam Monitor app, which works very well and I am able to view both cameras. The tinyCam Monitor program offers a recording function, which can record to FTP server. The catch is I do not have internet connected to the router.

Question 1: How do I setup my router (ex. FTP server, Virtual Server,

Advertisement

2. corvairbob

corvairbob Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2013
    did you ever get your cams going? if they are plugged directly into your modem you should be able to see them easy kind of like when you are setting them up for wifi.

3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Probably just as well you don't have an Internet connection to this set up, any time there are web cams involved it's just really, really important to have them isolated and/or heavily filtered from any direct online access anyway. Web cams have become real honeypots for black hat hackers.

Anyway, your Asus router apparently includes it's own FTP server utility, AIDisk. There's instructions on pg. 29 in the RT-N13 manual:
    https://images10.newegg.com/User-Manual/User_Manual_33-320-080.pdf
    Also note on pg. 34 there are instructions on setting up a virtual server on your external USB hard drive.

lunatic59 and Unforgiven like this.