1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Tip: Do not buy any ebay leather cases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tracerit, Jun 13, 2010.

1. tracerit

tracerit Android Enthusiast

May 7, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    I spent $5 on a case that was advertised to fit the EVO and it even listed its dimensions. I went ahead and bought it. What I received was an entirely different item, that was advertised to still fit the EVO but laying the EVO over it, it dwarfed the case. I asked several other sellers in the beginning if they EVO would work and they said yes, i asked again if they ever fit the EVO in the case, and they never replied lol.

Just wanted to save some people out there some money if you considered buying a leather case off ebay.

This is the case that does not fit: [​IMG]NEW BLACK LEATHER CASE COVER HTC EVO 4G SPRINT - eBay (item 110542364815 end time Jul-04-10 12:02:31 PDT)

THis is the case that was listed and the one I bought before he switched the listing picture/item:[​IMG]

Advertisement

Genyc07 likes this.
  2. tracerit

tracerit Android Enthusiast

May 7, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    how come ebay links don't work on this foruM?

3. Droidone

Droidone Android Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2009
    I think there should be a thread specifically for reviewing cases bought from ebay. I have seen a couple that were nice and got good feedback showing. I am hesitant because I know some will not fit correct.

4. saccityp

saccityp Newbie

Jun 4, 2010
    you got a crappy case, the case i ordered off of ebay fits my phone perfect.

5. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Customer Service Support
    I just buy in eforcity in ebay

6. bhtoque

bhtoque Lurker

May 30, 2010
    I got a great vertical case at K-mart. $14.99 and fits EVO with Body Glove case perfectly.

JAson

bbnfbchick likes this.
  7. Droidone

Droidone Android Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2009
    Can you share with a link. I am looking for a good one. Thanks in advance

8. angelo90255

angelo90255 Newbie

Apr 20, 2011
    eforcity is the best seller on eBay i think. It's been 8 or 9 purchases i did from him already.

9. bbnfbchick

bbnfbchick Newbie

Dec 15, 2011
    Female
    Nanny
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Wish I would've seen this the other day! I'm waiting to activate my phone until I get a holster that will hold my phone and the silicone skin (is that the same thing as a body glove?). It came in the mail today, and my phone won't fit in the holster at all, even without the silicone case. I don't want a vertical case, but if that's the only thing that works, I'll take it. Does anyone know of a good (horizontle-spelled wrong) case that will hold the phone while it's in the silicone case?

Tags: