• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root tip for terminal and velocity script

kpedx

Nov 22, 2010
Instead of having to set su and type velocity every time just go to the menu -> preferences -> initial command and set it for:
export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
su
velocity

This will automatically set su permissions and open the velocity script. If you don't need the script and want to just use terminal emulator just press 0 and enter although you'll see the velocity exit art you can use terminal emulator as you normally would

A very good idea indeed... This is what I use:

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

This gives me read/write access to EVERYTHING (I think). I usually use the terminal for other things the the "velocity script", however I do find it useful. I pilfered it from the root instructions. This works for me, but IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU depending on a2sd, partitions, and partition preferences. Use at your own risk and make a nandroid first.

Devs, mods, admins, correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones