• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tip: Got Tasker? Having trouble with Wifi/BT?

If you are having trouble connecting to Wifi or BT or GPS and you have Tasker, the app is probably causing the issue.

Tasker, even with no profiles active, still does WiFi Scan & BT scans and will shut both off if nothing is found within the specified limit. Unfortuntely, the default setting its 120 seconds. For me, it takes me a bit to type a long key in for WiFi for the first time and I finally realized why WiFi would just shut off in the middle of obtaining an IP (therefore erasing the password).

The same thing goes for BT & GPS, default settings are 120. Its fine, in my opinion, for GPS but scanning for a BT may take a bit longer.

Anyways, this wasn't common knowledge for me and I hope it helps!

I think I have this problem, but I do not fully understand your post.
What are the symptoms for WiFi?
What is your workaround?
Thanks in Advance

He is saying that tasker gives you 120 seconds, by default, from the time wifi is turned on to successfully connect to wifi. If it takes you longer than that to connect (typing in a long encryption key) it will turn off.

The workaround is to extend that time limit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones