• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tips for use with hotmail and live services

cdodge

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
does any one have any tips or good apps that they use for their hotmail and live service accounts?

here are the issue and questions i have with eh built in apps.

E-mail:
When syncing with hotmail it seems like it always marks some e-mails as unread even though i have read them on the devie and my hotmail inbox. I have just installed the program "seven" and it has been an ok workaround for this but i would like to get other peoples ideas/suggestions.

IM:
-I am using the Hi MSN app for IM which seems to work ok but it does slow down the phone quite a bit at certain times.

cotnacts:
-When opening a contact in contacts and clicking on "chat using windows Live" it does nothing. is there i program i need to install for this?

Overall i am just trying to find a way to make my droid work better with hotmail/live accounts and services and looking for suggestions. I will never switch all my stuff to a google account as i have been using hotmail since it came out and so have most of my friends.

Thanks!

I can't even get my Hotmail account configured with the email app on Android. It keeps saying "username / password error" or after a dozen paramter changes from info found on the web, it'll say "Connection not available". I simply can't get my hotmail to be set up.

So I'm using the browser to check my hotmail on a manual basis. But Hotmail sucks so I'm migrating away from it any way.

Upvote 0
I can't even get my Hotmail account configured with the email app on Android. It keeps saying "username / password error" or after a dozen paramter changes from info found on the web, it'll say "Connection not available". I simply can't get my hotmail to be set up.

So I'm using the browser to check my hotmail on a manual basis. But Hotmail sucks so I'm migrating away from it any way.

hmm thats wierd mine was extremely easy to setup on the droid. just entered my e-mail address and password and grabbed all the settings for me. moving to google services is not an option for me so i hope i can get some good suggestions.

you may want to try the program seven. i set that up with my hotmail easily to.

THanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones