1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Tips n Tricks thread.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by loony, May 14, 2011.

1. YoussefWahby

YoussefWahby Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2012

Hey there,

I have an I9100G, bought it late: on 1st of may, and suddenly for the last couple of weeks, it is not being recognized nor accessed in ANY way! It was ok for like 3 weeks, then it just sopped!

I get this message: failed to install Samsung Mobile MTP Device, and i can't even access it as a mass storage: no autoplay, nor even it appears on explorer as a drive (i use WinXP SP3).

I have tried EVERYTHING!

I completely swept Kies out, removed it from registry, all Samsung USB drivers, and all .dll's, reinstalled them 3 times now - > nothing

Connection troubleshooter -> nothing

Updated .NET Framework before one of the Kies reinstalls -> nothing

Opened it with debug mode on, then when it's off (drivers in debug mode install fine, though) -> nothing

Tried the UART/USB trick - > nothing.

Can't execute the "18 characters long" files delete, as i can't access my mobile through USB in the first place.

I am fed up, frustrated and tired! I would be very thankful if you helped me with this.

Advertisement

2. MissJeezey

MissJeezey Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2012
    UK

:eek::eek::eek::eek: This is such a great tip, many thanks :p

3. MissJeezey

MissJeezey Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2012
    UK
    Hi all, loving this thread, where would I be without you all!? lol:eek:

Just setting up my voice recognizer, is there any different between google / samsung powered by Vlingo ??

Im currently using google....

4. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Franchise Owner
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Hi can anyone tell me how you were supposed to switch folders after the ice cream sandwich update I use to be able to push and hold on in box and it would like to pull up the other folders and switch now I have to hit menu and then going into folders and then I have to choose the other folder I'm looking for this is very laborious is there a solution that allows you to quickly switch between folders

5. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Franchise Owner
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    We are encouraged to post questions in existing threads but my experience is that nobody replies?
    Anybody? Please!

6. sagigreen

sagigreen Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2012
    hi everybody,

is there a way for me to show both numbers & letters in the same keyboard view, without switching between numbers and letters (for the purpopse of inserting alphanumeric passwords)?

any help will be highly appriciated
    thanks

7. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Not sure what keyboard you are using, but usually there are numbers above the alphabets. Long press on that alphabet to get the number. Same with the symbols.

8. chekramesh

chekramesh Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2012
    Hi

I am able to open main menu(1.Debug screen....6.Common)
    by typing that command.But when i am selecting the option 5.Audio it's not allowing me to edit.help plz...thanks in advance.

9. khanyasi

khanyasi Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi I have update my Samsung galaxy s2 to ICS 4.0.4 latest version so far since I have done that I m having call alert problem during voice call I don't get notification alert audio tone e if I m on another call unless I look on to screen for missed call massage.
    I have checked all call alert notification options they r enabled but I.still don't get call alert tone most of time
    Can some body please help me with issue will be highly appreciated thanks

10. khanyasi

khanyasi Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2012
    No call alert during a call after ICS updates Galaxy s2

Hi I have update my Samsung galaxy s2 to ICS 4.0.4 latest version so far since I have done that I m having call alert problem during voice call I don't get notification alert audio tone e if I m on another call unless I look on to screen for missed call massage. I have checked all call alert notification options they r enabled but I.still don't get call alert tone most of time Can some body please help me with issue will be highly appreciated thanks

11. nasim_nasri

nasim_nasri Newbie
    None

May 4, 2009
    Hi Ironass,

Thanks for providing this excellent post, I am following it : ), I have the following query

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...1gdDJRekl4QmkyNmIzUmRvX2h3UDVkQXc&output=html

Nasim: In the spreadsheet shared their a column "Safe to Remove", as per I understanding I can actually uninstall from the phone rather then just freeze it, Could you please confirm the same.

Also what is the impact of the frozen app/process in android after the phone gets restart, will it remain frozen.

App's shown in red on this list should not be frozen.

11. Those in yellow can be frozen using caution. For instance, I have K-9 mail installed and use it to download and send my Gmail. Therefore I have frozen the Gmail app so that it does not appear in my app drawer or run. I have also frozen Messaging as I use Handcent which does not require Messaging support as it is standalone.

Thanks & Best Regards
    Muhammad Nasim

12. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    For safety's sake, it is better to, "freeze", an app rather than un-installing it... you never know, you might need it in future. Once an app is, "frozen", it will stay so until you, "defrost", it.

13. neaj

neaj Lurker
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    Note that for this to work you have to switch into "Grid" view first. The option isn't available in "List" view.

14. neaj

neaj Lurker
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    If I have to unlock the phone before taking a picture, I'll never get any spontaneous shots. Is there a way to capture a pic immediately, without unlocking?

15. webby62

webby62 Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Im Working
    Cornwall
    Tips when constant romming
    Hi all here are some tips i have when trying out numerous roms if anyone has more would be appreciated
    Contact numbers ,pictures,ringtones-i use RINGTONE KEEPER brilliant little app that restores all the ringtones you have set for each contact after
    restoring them.
    Contacts- i deleted all my sim contacts from another mobile and only use Google gmail to restore them,doing this the pictures are there every time
    and never any duplicate numbers.
    Indivdual notification sms tones-for messages and different tone for each contact if you want i use another brilliant app called MP3 RINGTONE EDITOR
    this is so easy to use and good for recognising messages that arent important thus ignore.
    For restoring messages i use SMS BACKUP & RESTORE i usually wait a week and store a load of messages then back them up,when adding a
    new rom restore them back and then just put the tones for each contact you want back on.
    The messaging app i use is CHOMP SMS (paid version)i have always used this one and find it faultless TBH and it has regular updates.
    Hope this helps someone Adious

16. frankstraube

frankstraube Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2012
    Tip 1: use the custom equalizer with all frequencies at the max to boost the volume of speaker
    Tip 2: to have access to your ringtones files in the settings for incoming calls and also messages, create a folder called "Ringtones" and put your files inside. Then put this folder inside the folder "Notifications" of the phone
    Tip 3: Strangely enough, SD card is the internal memory, when the memory card is called external_SD

17. dazzle_rsa

dazzle_rsa Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Thanks for the info!!!!!

18. mavtaf

mavtaf Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2012
    thanx man ....this 1 i lyk

19. Kie

Kie Android Expert
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Risk and Safety Engineer
    Perth, Australia
    Hey guys I recently found an interesting tip by accident. Sorry if it's old, but I never noticed.

When you're on the lock screen, try holding the home button. I get a flashlight coming on! You have to hold the button down to get the light on. I never knew that! Handy dandy!

Also, I think everyone knows but wherever you are on the phone, if you tap the home button 4 times you invert all the colours. There's an option to do it, but this is a nice shortcut if that's your thing.

btw I'm on 4.0.4 AndyX v17, which is Sammy-based, so I don't know if this works on AOSP/AOKP, but you're welcome to try!

20. ankurchitkara

ankurchitkara Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Photographer, shoot child & family portraits & eve
    Delhi, India
    Hi Guys!!!

when i call this number *#*#197328640#*#* my S2 with ICS 4 gives completely diffrent options, screen shot for the same is attached below. for sound option 5 it says 'sound blocked'.

Please advice.
    Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

21. Majeste

Majeste Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2012
    Student
    Ankara, Turkey
    If you got 4.0.4 update, don't have to install battery percentage apps anymore! You just go Settings -> Display and check "Display battery percentage". And you have the percentage right next to battery icon on the notifications bar!

22. pacinitaly

pacinitaly Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2012
    Male
    mine does not have audio

23. pacinitaly

pacinitaly Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2012
    Male
    mine does not

24. ashishtheboss0

None

Mar 23, 2012
    Mine says AUDIO BLOCKED.. any solution??

25. SuperDolphin

SuperDolphin Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2012
    EEK!
    Hi everyone,
    Is the Gs2 really good?
    Cause i'v been pestering my parents to get me it like..ALOT xD
    :) Phandroids rule! crApple going down..