• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tips on better battery life (KaosFroyo v29)?

harmor

Dec 18, 2009
I'm using v29 right now. I installed SetCPU and set it at 600/245 for the main and 480/122 for screen off.

When I'm actually using the phone the battery drains fairly quickly but it seems like it can last for days if I leave the screen off.

I use Screebl (paid version). Time set to 15 seconds. Brightness turned very low. I only use WiFi/BT/3G when needed.

I ditched ADW for launcher pro.

It could be a lot of things honestly. There are a lot of apps that use the power up even when you don't realize it. I'm curious as to why you are using SetCPU if you aren't really going to OC much at all. Seems like it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Kaos' rom is OCed to 710 stock as well. One thing you could do is go to Settings > About Phone > Battery Use and see what's eating your battery so quickly. I always have issues with the Display using the most power even though it's set pretty low too. Since you already have that setting low, why use Sribble? Seems like it's just an extra app running and using power. As long as you remember to turn off the screen... But I haven't really used the app so maybe I am missing another reason to use it. Also, check out his newest version of V30. It the change log it mentions improved auto-dim and Autokiller (not a task killer, but a Android System manager) so maybe that might be helpful? Anyway, I just chalk it up to having a smart phone, so can't expect that great of battery life from so small of a battery.

PS> Is your phone really laggy once you turn on the screen from it sleeping? I'd think with the settings so low that it would be.

Upvote 0
I'm using v29 right now. I installed SetCPU and set it at 600/245 for the main and 480/122 for screen off.

Good job on getting the most out of SetCPU by invoking that 480/122 screen off profile; that can be the one of the biggest factors in battery life.

Others include screen timeout, brightness, phone call use, background app updating (weather, syncing, etc) and many others...

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/19176-optimize-your-droid-eris-battery-life-read.html

Reactions: lukesdiesel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones