1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Tips on How To Not Brick your phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frmovrfnctn, Jul 16, 2010.

1. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    With the new unrevoked3 root method out a novice such as myself has been more attracted to rooting than ever. But the thought and fear of bricking my phone still looms. I seek advice and simple tips from those better informed on things to do/not do that can help avoid bricking a phone during or after the root process.

Much obliged!

Advertisement

2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    you will not brick your phone unless you take your battery out during the process believe me i have unplugged it and plugged back in when flashing the recovery didnt work and i still never bricked mine so dont be scared hop on that saddle

3. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    doesn't bricking mean destroying beyond all repair? Ie essentially making your phone nothing but a shiny brick. My understanding is anything short of installing an incompatable radio can be reversed with a factory reset.

4. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Production sequencer
    Lost in the wilds of Arkansas
    Don't fear the unrEVOked 3.1. It works flawlessly, gives you what you want and you'll be quite pleased.

5. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    so basically don't fudge up during the root process and thats it. there's really no concerns after rooting for bricking a phone?