1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root tips on rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jesseca691, Sep 25, 2011.

1. jesseca691

jesseca691 Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    im thinking about rooting my incredible and I wanted to know if anyone knew some tips or tricks on how to go about it... im scared IM going to brick my phone thats why I haven't done it yet

Advertisement

2. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    Don't be so scared, from what I've read the Incredible is pretty resistant to bricking, although the first step is critical. Use unrevoked, make sure you have a full battery(or at least close) and room on your SD card and viola your phone is rooted. You can boot into CWM to verify. Read up a lot on how to backup and flash ROMs. First thing before flashing any ROM is to use titanium backup and pick a free sms backup if your switching to an AOSP rom. Then always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.

Even if you don't plan on flashing ROMs Titanium is a great app that will allow you to backup your stuff and remove unwanted apps.

jesseca691 likes this.
  3. jesseca691

jesseca691 Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    I did start to root my phone using the unrevoked method but I had to manually install one odd the programs and then it kept saying I didn't have a device driver out something like that so I stopped