• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tired of iPhone?

Needsdecaf

Android Expert
Nov 6, 2009
Northern VA
Am I the only one tired of hearing about the iPhone? And before you say yes, consider that I am saying that I am tired of hearing about the iPhone.....IN THE DROID FORUM.

This is the Droid forum. It's for Droids, Droid enjoyment, Droid support. We're the Droid community.

We are not the anti-iPhone community.

I don't understand the need to put down the iPhone (or any other phone) or compare the Droid to the iPhone, or worry about what someone on an iPhone forum has to say about the Droid, etc.

I realize that Motorola / Verizon has brought this upon themselves with the marketing slogan "iDon't" which is cute, but honestly, unnecessary.

To me, the iPhone is a good smart phone for people who want a clean and easy experience. They don't want to screw around with settings, with ROMs, with rooting, with all that stuff. They just want a phone. To them, ignorance is bliss or, more politely put, they're not missing what they don't have.

The Droid is for people who like to screw around and change stuff up. Different horses for different courses, as they say.

So please, can we stop with iBashing and iComparing? It's not productive and doesn't make for a welcoming forum atmosphere. Reminds me of the automotive forums I visit....

OK, Rant over. Being housebound for a week due to snow makes one screwy. LOL. :)

Got them in the Nexus One forum too. Not just here, but elsewhere--there're always a few Mactards or Apple-flavored trolls looking to stir things up (including the xda developers forums, even). I've resigned myself to the fact that if you've got your mouth around Jobs' tool for too long, you're bound to come away messed up in the head. They should be regarded with pity.

Upvote 0
speaking of apple... I hate the iPad. This made my day lastnight :)

YouTube - Daniel Tosh on the iPad

also

Apple-iphonevsstone.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks like you are quickly becoming wizened. :D I just cannot understand the mindset of Apple fanboys, but it appears that I've become an Android version.:eek:

I wouldnt call us fanboys... just... the all knowing ones.... We have the power to see through the shiny exterior of all apple products and realize that they blow hard.

Upvote 0
Well I come here to read about the Android Platform. The good and the bad. I do have an iPhone but will be switching to a droid due to the cost savings I can get from Verizon with my company discounts and Family plans. I have had no issues with ATT since I limit my travel.

I like my iphone - End of Story -
icon7.gif
Will move my apps to my iPod Touch.
No Big Deal

I think I will like the droid - End of Story -
icon7.gif
It does the things I do most.

That being said I have used a Family members droid and I am impressed.
I do not know if my wife will get an Android phone or a Blackberry at this point but I will get a droid soon.

Now if we can focus on issues related to the Android OS and not a slam contest. Like when can I use my Slingbox with a Droid!!!!!!!!
icon5.gif

Upvote 0
Definitely agreed with the OP. Reading a lot of the stuff here, you get the impression that the only reason people buy Android phones is because they need to show off their obsessive, irrational, all-consuming hatred for absolutely anything made by Apple. And that doesn't speak very highly of the Android platform or its users.

That's asinine. There are plenty of phones not made by Apple available on the market; do you also level the same accusation at Blackberry and Nokia owners? Windows users? If there's any grumbling about iPhones in here, it's usually brought on because some Mactard troll makes yet another thread for their verbal diarrhea about the supremacy of iPhones and blah blah blah.

Head, nether orifice, and so on. I recommend a firm separation between the two.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one tired of hearing about the iPhone? And before you say yes, consider that I am saying that I am tired of hearing about the iPhone.....IN THE DROID FORUM.

This is the Droid forum. It's for Droids, Droid enjoyment, Droid support. We're the Droid community.

I don't know about you, but I'm in the Android forum, part of the Android community. I don't have a Droid, I have a MyTouch 3G.

Droid is a brand name held by Verizon.

Upvote 0
I don't know about you, but I'm in the Android forum, part of the Android community. I don't have a Droid, I have a MyTouch 3G.

Droid is a brand name held by Verizon.

Droid is also a nickname for android. The only reason we use android now insted of droid is because of the motorola droid and HTC droid eris. There was a thread on the whole "motorola stole android name" thing. Dont be a smartass. You know what he ment.

Upvote 0
I Like Iphone because Im tired of messing with all those settings and stuff. I just want it to be easy. I used to do that back in the day with my Old Casio BE-300 with Bee v2.0 and the X-pod OS. (look it up if you dont know what im talking bout. And I also miss my old N-GaGe and the forums they used to have. Those were the good ol days :)! If you want real open source with real help and support. Plus emulators galore then Check out the Gamepark GP2X Wiz. A simple google search is all you need for these things :)!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones