• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tired of Verizons Bullshit "most reliable" claim

DaManDJ3

Aug 3, 2010
Let's be honest Verizon's 4G network is a piece of <stinky poopoo>. I've been a loyal verizon customer for almost a decade and honestly im tired of this crap. I never get a consistent connection. I pay for LTE but am frequently kicked down to 3G or have no connection at all. My phone goes through minutes at a time with no connection. Whenever I need my data for an emergency like looking up directions I never have a data connection.

That is what I was experiencing on Sprint's network but worse. Fortunately Verizon has been rock solid in my zip code (with 4GLTE). Sorry for the crappy service.

Are there any other carriers in your zip who provide better coverage. US Cellular provides great coverage in Wisconsin.

You must not be in 53211 then (East Side of Milwaukee around UWM). Verizon's network is very overloaded here.

I agree with what the others say. Verizon DOES have the most reliable network NATIONWIDE, but that doesn't mean it's reliable everywhere and more reliable than the competitors everywhere. Look into the alternatives, and see if they ARE in fact better.

Also try getting you're phone checked out, because it might not be a Network problem, it might be your phone.

Upvote 0
You must not be in 53211 then (East Side of Milwaukee around UWM). Verizon's network is very overloaded here.

I agree with what the others say. Verizon DOES have the most reliable network NATIONWIDE, but that doesn't mean it's reliable everywhere and more reliable than the competitors everywhere. Look into the alternatives, and see if they ARE in fact better.

Also try getting you're phone checked out, because it might not be a Network problem, it might be your phone.

53189 in Waukesha. I went from 0.03-0.30mbps downloads on Sprint's 3G to 5-9mbps downloads on Verizon's 4G. At the Verizon store, I got a 12mbps download.

Upvote 0
If you think Verizon is bad, you should try Sprint.
They force you to pay a premium for 4g, yet I was unable to get a 4g signal anywhere in East TN and when I did, it was very unreliable.
"unlimited" well, maybe... if you like the speed of dialup.

Verizon isn't perfect but it IS lightyears better than sprint, AT&T, and T-Mo where I live.

David

Upvote 0
Yes but many of the Verizon 4g towers are newer and have the new infrastructure and if they don't they were upgraded. Especially in big cities and around sport stadiums.

Where is new york city? I don't think I've ever heard of it... :D

It's across the street from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas NV. Full name is New York, NY! :smokingsomb:

Reactions: carracerz14
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones