1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tired of Verizons Bullshit "most reliable" claim

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by DaManDJ3, Oct 11, 2012.

1. DaManDJ3

DaManDJ3 Member

Let's be honest Verizon's 4G network is a piece of <stinky poopoo>. I've been a loyal verizon customer for almost a decade and honestly im tired of this crap. I never get a consistent connection. I pay for LTE but am frequently kicked down to 3G or have no connection at all. My phone goes through minutes at a time with no connection. Whenever I need my data for an emergency like looking up directions I never have a data connection.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. la sal

la sal Android Expert

That is what I was experiencing on Sprint's network but worse. Fortunately Verizon has been rock solid in my zip code (with 4GLTE). Sorry for the crappy service.

Are there any other carriers in your zip who provide better coverage? US Cellular provides great coverage in Wisconsin.

3. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert

I HIGHLY doubt that it's Verizon's fault. I never lose my 4g. Maybe it's your area? Phone? Too many different variables but I really doubt verizon is the issue.

The truth is they actually do have the biggest and most reliable 4g network. Try going to sprint or something and you'll be begging to come back

DMajor239 and Ezduzit08 like this.
  4. CptTom

CptTom Newbie

I travel a lot. I have had no issues with my coverage. 4g is spreading and getting more coverage and if I am in an area with 4g I never get kicked off or kicked down to 3g. My place is rock steady at 4g.

5. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

You must not be in 53211 then (East Side of Milwaukee around UWM). Verizon's network is very overloaded here.

I agree with what the others say. Verizon DOES have the most reliable network NATIONWIDE, but that doesn't mean it's reliable everywhere and more reliable than the competitors everywhere. Look into the alternatives, and see if they ARE in fact better.

Also try getting you're phone checked out, because it might not be a Network problem, it might be your phone.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

An overcrowded network is always going to be slow.

7. carracerz14

Slow yes but it wouldn't cause data drops.

Besides 4g runs differently. It can accommodate way more users with out slowing down.

8. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

That largely depends on the infrastructure behind the tower.

9. DaManDJ3

DaManDJ3 Member

I live in a small town called New York City...and I never get a solid 4G connection...3G yes but not 4G

10. carracerz14

Yes but many of the Verizon 4g towers are newer and have the new infrastructure and if they don't they were upgraded. Especially in big cities and around sport stadiums.

Where is new york city? I don't think I've ever heard of it... :D

11. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

Occasionally I have the same problem as OP. My signal sometimes goes between 1 and 3 bars and switches to 3G randomly. Rarely I will lose data connection altogether. But most of the time 4G is flawless.

12. carracerz14

If it's switching between 3g and 4g it might be a sim card or area. If its losing data then it might be another story. I know I don't lose 4g except at my house occasionally. But that's on the edge of 4g

13. la sal

la sal Android Expert

53189 in Waukesha. I went from 0.03-0.30mbps downloads on Sprint's 3G to 5-9mbps downloads on Verizon's 4G. At the Verizon store, I got a 12mbps download.

14. seVer

seVer Android Expert

Reliable claims are for 3G network.

15. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

They claim it for 4G as well.
    Verizon | America

And they are right.

16. seVer

seVer Android Expert

Ok I'll stand slightly corrected, however you referenced an article that's a year old.

17. SyrStorm

SyrStorm Well-Known Member

Plus, why would it matter if your 4G occasionally drops to 3G? You're paying as much for 4G as you are for 3G. Its a raw deal I mean not everywhere has it perfect. I would understand more if you actually had to pay more for 4G

18. carracerz14

Very good point

19. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Verizon is light years ahead of any other carrier.
    It's not even close. Especially when it comes to LTE coverage.

carracerz14 likes this.
  20. DaveTN

DaveTN Member

If you think Verizon is bad, you should try Sprint.
    They force you to pay a premium for 4g, yet I was unable to get a 4g signal anywhere in East TN and when I did, it was very unreliable.
    "unlimited" well, maybe... if you like the speed of dialup.

Verizon isn't perfect but it IS lightyears better than sprint, AT&T, and T-Mo where I live.

David

21. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Network speeds are going to be different depending on your area. Check and see what's best in your city

22. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

My wife and I had all kinds of issues losing data entirely on our Maxx's. But we very rarely have any issues since the ICS upgrade.

23. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert

It's across the street from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas NV. Full name is New York, NY! :smokingsomb:

carracerz14 likes this.
  24. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Android Enthusiast

I don't get 3G or 4G where I live. Can't even make a phone call. If it weren't for wifi, my phone would be completely useless to me at home. But it is the best everywhere else.

25. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

I've heard of network extenders. Someone said they called Verizon and told them they wanted to cancel because they don't get service at their house and Verizon sent them a network extender thing for free

bberryhill0 likes this.