• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"tissue conduction" technology

Creakyknees

Jul 30, 2012
according to this site, "It is also the first (along with the Kyocera Rise) to come with "Tissue Conduction" technology. It improves the sound of your device by sending vibrations through your body, making for a much more efficient sound quality when in loud environments."

Kyocera Hydro

- so does this mean there's a particular way the phone is supposed to be held to the ear?

I'm not a big fan of holding cell phones directly to my ear... worried about RF... yes I know the science is mixed but I'd rather be safer. Anyway, that means that there is no direct vibration from my skull to the phone, and my wife says the voice quality sucks... so maybe that's the reason?

The phone has to send and receive radio waves strong enough to get to and from a tower that could be some distance from you. Holding the phone an inch away from your head makes no difference whatsoever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones