1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

titanium back questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by moveright, Feb 5, 2011.

1. moveright

moveright Member

Ok, a while back I bought this app because I wanted to get rid of bloatware and it allowed me to freeze these apps. After a while though, I rooted my phone and installed fission rom (which I absolutely love) and that enabled me to clean up my system even more. Well since, I've been searching for a purpose for this app as it just sits there, paid for and unused. So... since I've boogered up my phone installing and uninstalling apps, changing settings, etc, I've decided I was going to do a clean and full wipe and reload of my rom. I've got many must have apps though, like gmail, smsbackup, etc. So a few questions.

1. Where are apps backed up when titanium does it?
    2. If I backup all the apps I want, can I then do a full data wipe and reload of my fission rom and restore these apps easily that way?
    3. If I restore them will they still have all my info saved(logins passwords accounts ect)?
    4. Can I backup a folder like" notifications"?
    5. Is the titanium backup destination safe from a fission rom manager full data/cache wipe?

Thanks in advance. Omg I can't believe I just posted this whole message from my phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

You have actually been using Titanium all wrong.
    The main purpose of this app is backing up your apps.... for doing exactly what you want to do. Wipe, flash new roms, etc. Your apps will be safe as Titanium backs them up to the SD card.

The whole freezing apps things is more of an add-on bonus that this app gives you.

So yes, you can do a factory wipe, and then just install titanium form the market.
    Then you can use it to restore the rest of the apps, and they will restore with data. Which means your passwords, etc should still be there.
    Just make sure you make a fresh titanium backup before your wipe.
    Otherwise, you might be restoring apps you backed up a long time ago, prior to updates you done since.

3. moveright

moveright Member

Thank you. worked like a charm.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews